ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sm_wrc uncaged!

E90
Do you ever stop spending money on the is barge Steven, I'd bet its still aint as quick as my bmw either, Poor.

Renaultsport 220T
You might be wise to get grip at the back too Steven

I prefer a loose rear end Chris. The Parada's have a good amount of tread on the rear. So will do for a while yet. Car is very planted, even on these slippy roads.

Weeman, I'd only spend money on women and alcohol otherwise. Where did it all go wrong eh!

Rob, how much was your rear c/fibre bit again?

Jon, 4 pot ftw, just like the one you have.

Renaultsport 220T
Great Work :D

Cheers.

Quick update: Seat subframes.

web.jpg

Arrived at Mark Fish Motorsport this afternoon to find Mark outside covered in black sand! He had been sandblasting the subframe of a Renault Alpine.

So after a cuppa and some donuts, the car went on the ramp and I set to work removing the seats and the old bent Cobra subframes. The new and (slightly) improved subframes arrived yesterday, and Mark and I got a good look at them. To me they looked great, lower than the previous ones, to lower my centre of gravity and further improve the driving position.

Mark instantly commented on the bolts which were holding the sliders down, the nuts on them were tight, but only half on the thread. The bolts were about 5mm too short. Not good, I will speak to Cobra about these at some point.

So as well as stripping the old subframes and taking of the sidemounts and seats, we now had to disassemble and make good the new ones!!!

After a wee bit of banter and another couple of cups of coffee, the seats were installed on the new subframes and bolted back into the car. Harnesses rethreaded and positioned.

Quick spanner check while the car was on the ramp, then with a clean bill of health I headed home to pack for my trip home in the morning. Really looking forward to a 4am start, and 250 miles to do to Liverpool and then ferry home.

Will update with pics over the weekend.

Steve :)

Last edited:
  Renaultsport 220T
Lol, wasn't bad at all. 300 mile run, didn't even use earplugs. Car is not too bad over the stages, I mean roads of Ulster.

Clio 182 Cup
Was looking at getting a half cage...

What are the benefits of the SD half over the new bolt in K-tec one?

I won't be tracking it much if it all and would prefer not to do any welding/cutting...