ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Small(ish) new sub - recommendations please

1.2L 16V Campus Spor
Last edited by a moderator:
  Evo 6, E92 320d
I currently have both at work, the fli is big, also the fabric stinks. The edge one is suprisingly loud, quite small (the 10" version) and is quite light.

1.2L 16V Campus Spor
I currently have both at work, the fli is big, also the fabric stinks. The edge one is suprisingly loud, quite small (the 10" version) and is quite light.

Not too fussed about the smell... Will be in my boot . Is the size difference really that big? Doesnt lookit on the specs, a few CM at most? Which would you choose for quality? The Edge cone looks like it'd rustle!

Try under seat subs?

I'm pretty sure that I read on here that they dont fit the Clio, due to a bar under the seat?

I have the edge one which I still haven't fitted lol

Let me know what you think when/if you ever fit it?

I'm really after something that will last me an age, so quality is key

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
What is your budget and what amp will you be running? Or are you after an active kit?

What music do you listen to?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
ive got an active sub im taking out of my clio tomorrow, im gunna be selling it on here, looking for around £50 including all wires (i paid £90 about 6 weeks ago)

its a clarion active sub. ill pm you when the post is up!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
£120 is a low budget TBH. Youre not gonna get anything great for that.

Dance music - Get a 10" in a sealed box
RnB/Hop hop - Get a 12" in a ported box

Talkaudio is a good forum for getting dimensions etc etc for building boxes.

I would recommend getting a new sub, but a 2nd hand amp (more for your money). Something like the JBL GTO1014 for £50

b_gto1014.jpg

and an amp like the MRV T707

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alpine-V12-MR...ent_GPS_Car_Amplifiers_PP&hash=item3a681550c7

1.2L 16V Campus Spor
£120 is a low budget TBH. Youre not gonna get anything great for that.

Dance music - Get a 10" in a sealed box
RnB/Hop hop - Get a 12" in a ported box

Talkaudio is a good forum for getting dimensions etc etc for building boxes.

I would recommend getting a new sub, but a 2nd hand amp (more for your money). Something like the JBL GTO1014 for £50

and an amp like the MRV T707

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alpine-V12-MR...ent_GPS_Car_Amplifiers_PP&hash=item3a681550c7

Gosh - I would NEVER be able to build my own box!?! :eek:
May I ask why you think I should go for a passive setup rather than active?

Would you say the Setup above would be a HUGE improvement over this
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_773309_langId_-1_categoryId_165748

I am not a true audiophile, I just like the noise.

£perW, you'll be better off with building a box with sub and seperate amp.

I've used one of these for the past 10 years
http://www.carstereodeals.co.uk/Car...built-in-200w-mono-mosfet-amplifier-pump.html

Does the job nicely, easy to whip out if needed and isn't big at all. I'm sure you can get one within budget, how they're still priced so high is beyond me, I paid £200 for it all those years ago, ebay could be flooded with them

Way too expensive - Dont really get the tube ones tbh.

What was the fusion sub like?

Anyone used a fusion twin sub? Any good?

I loved mine - was a RE-PK1120 12" Bass Pack - Was pretty big and heavy though TBH. Sold as I didnt want to be messing around with my lovely new Clio... But now I miss the extra oomph a sub gives.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
The alpine Amp gives more room for upgrading in the future.

If you just want some punch in the back, go for the active

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Just had a look at that fusion sub it looks good, but would a twin fusion sub be bettter? Model: EN-AB2120

Built in amp, It says 550w max power rating, so would this be the amp or subs?

Polo + Micra
i had a pair of those alpine amps connected to a pair of infinity perfect 12 subs in a mk1 clio

most of the town could hear me wherever i drove lol:eek:

1.2L 16V Campus Spor
I've grown to dislike those who do not close their own threads with. So, in an attempt to not be one of "those guys":

I ended up buying the 12" FLI trap active sub, (wiring the power through the bonnet release grommit, and the ground to the ground bolt for the rear lights)

I have to admit - it does sound good. Leaves me with about 1/2 my boot to myself, but this is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

I recommend that anyone still running anything standard in the clio audio department changes to an aftermarket head unit, GOOD component speakers for the front, and atleast a low-budget sub for the boot - You will not regret it

BG 182
Buy a vibe cbr active... They're small, look good, reliable and offer good bass at a reasonable price.