ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smell of coolant from the heater (182)

Hi folks,

Have noticed the past couple of weeks than sometimes when I first start the car and fire up the heater I can smell coolant for the next 10 or so minutes.

Not sure if this is just condensation as I usually run with the AC on during defrost or if the heather matrix is weeping.

Anyone else have a similar problem..... would like to know some more info before letting the reno monkeys anywhere near the car.

Lee

BMW M2C

I used to get the smell of screen wash when I threw the 172 around, I dont get is as much in the 182. Probably just not such strong smelling screen wash!!

I think it used to splash out over the top of the bottle.

Thanks,

I did put some screen wash is recently.... Ill have to try some of that apple suff from Halfords and see if it smells nice !

Elise/VX220/R26

I noticed a smell of windscreen fluid today on the 172 that was whilst taking a roundabout at 40mph so I think that might have been something to do with it