ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoking Cat! Help

Hi all,

Its on my girlfriends 1.8RT. Theres a white smoke comming from the cat and out from under the car (not throgh the exhuast). Has to be warmed up and doesnt do it when its moving, due to the cooling effect of moving air possibaly?

Does the inside of a Cat produce smoke when its knackered?

Seems to drive fine, not losing water, breakes are fine, its not p/s but a bit thursty for oil ..

Ideas?

Cheers all

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Not heard of this smoking problem with cats before. They do operate at very high temperatures - up to 900 celsius. Check to see if there are any foreign bodies on the cat like a plastic carrier bag? These will produce the smoke and a burning smell.

Hope that helps.

Bob

Quote: Originally posted by BobRTE on 18 February 2003

Check to see if there are any foreign bodies on the cat like a plastic carrier bag?
Or a cat, of course ;)

Sorry, not very helpful. When my cat went kaput it made noised like a piece of cork pinging around in a metal can, but it didnt smoke at all.

Rhys

hmmmm

The daft thing is the MOT is 2 weeks old so it must work fine!

She does have to park up a curb so could be a bag or something stupid. Problem is the cars is now in Liecester an Im in Essex! Doh!

Any other ideas?

heheheheheehe lmfao, read the title of this topic and it gave me an image of a smoking cat :confused:, tell ur cat to phone the quit smoking line!...lol

See if the gaskets at each end or OK. My de-cat was blowing like mad after I fitted it as I hadnt fitted new gaskets.