ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoothed off bump strips??

1.4 16v MK2 PH2 Clio
Alright guys, two options, colour code the side bump strips or take them off fill the gap, sand down and spray.
Really stuck on how it would look, it's on my 5 door sport rep.
Any chance of a photoshop?
Cheers
George

1.4 16v MK2 PH2 Clio
na9uda6u.jpg

1.4 16v MK2 PH2 Clio
I was swaying more towards colour coding tbh, any idea on a decent place to get the paint?
And thanks mate!

I was swaying more towards colour coding tbh, any idea on a decent place to get the paint?
And thanks mate!

Got mine mixed up at Halfords, but you can get it cheaper online from paint shops I think. Will obvs also need primer & lacquer aswell.

1.4 16v MK2 PH2 Clio
Got mine mixed up at Halfords, but you can get it cheaper online from paint shops I think. Will obvs also need primer & lacquer aswell.

Yeah course mate, it was going to be one of the first things I did to the car, just never got round to it

Don't remove them if you're going to do it DIY with rattle tins. Will look absolutely horrendous.

Even colour coding them yourself is going to look s**t unless you've done a lot of spraying.

Spraying the side strips yourself is easy, just takes a lot of time and prep, removed the side strips, sand them right down to remove all the texture, you need to start with a coarse paper and work you way down to fine grit until it's smooth, then plastic primer them and then hit them with normal primer, then wait to fully dry and harden and sand with 2000 wet and dry, then spray even light coats of colour and then finish with a few coats of laquer, then wait to hard and sand with 2000 wet and dry then halfords rubbing compound and then polish up