ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sneaky Apple Product Release (Battery Related)

Listerine & Poledo
Made for those people who refuse to acknowledge the world in front of them, instead preferring to stare at the flashing light in their hand.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
We've made this beautiful, slim, light phone.....

(but to actually use the thing on a regular basis without it dying you need this horrid case which doubles the thickness, makes it larger in every dimension and ugly)

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Apples blow other phone makers out the water. They manage to sell a battery expansion case for the same money as they sell phones...

I'd have one.

I'd buy one if I needed one, but I don't, so I won't. Doesn't bother me. Yes it does seem a little odd, but the way people are bleating on you'd think they were being forced to buy one. f**king hilarious.

Something has happened. QUICK! Complain to the Internet!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Oooh someone has said something slightly derogatory on the Internets about Apple.

QUICK, must go online immediately and defend Apple, whilst simultaneously commenting about how such comments are trivial and unnecessary, in a trivial and unnecessary way!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Their battery life is still embarrassing. I hear nothing but complaints from colleagues and family about their's.

But stillll APpple FTW IIRC BBQ!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Their battery life is still embarrassing. I hear nothing but complaints from colleagues and family about their's.

But stillll APpple FTW IIRC BBQ!
Most smartphone batteries are s**t. The z5 compact is brilliant, but too small for most. The nexus 5x is decent, but not outstanding.

Oooh someone has said something slightly derogatory on the Internets about Apple.

QUICK, must go online immediately and defend Apple, whilst simultaneously commenting about how such comments are trivial and unnecessary, in a trivial and unnecessary way!

Yeah if you say so dude. Not really a massive Apple fan myself these days.

I wasn't referring to this thread, by the way. More just the general 'internet' reaction to something no one needs to care about.

Slightly off topic, but worth a moan anyway...

Downloaded a film to watch on the plane - about 2h 30m long. Start watching on 95/90% battery - battery runds out about an hour from the end.

How they cant make a battery last a day or two with normal usage is beyone me.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If they made an iPhone with a battery twice as big, I'd buy it.

Why don't they?

Correct. Who cares its as thin as dwarf's shlong, Id rather it be twice as think, and have a decent battery. Its the only area they dont address and the one 99% of people think needs to be improved!

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
I've got a 6+ and the battery life is one of the things i've been most impressed with.

clio 182 trophy
Those cases have been out a while. I used one of my students over a month ago, as my battery was about to die and i needed to use my phone at break. Great idea imo. s**t that the batteries are so crap i know.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Other people have been making external battery cases for iPhones for years, I'm amazed it's taken Apple this long to rip the idea off, stick an apple logo on it and then market it at double the price.

Mine does. Easily. But hey ho.

Maybe more people should email Cook and let him know they've discovered a way to improve battery life.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I got to be honest I'm more than happy with the battery on the 6s so I don't really understand the fuss about iphone batteries. My 4s was shocking though so I could of understood the fuss with those.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
6S Plus is ridiculous. Mine runs for days and days. Probably plug it in no more than three times per week.
I took it off charge around 8am, have used it for 3 hours and 24 minutes and its at 80% right now. To me, that is f**king fantastic.

If people weren't so hooked on facebook/twatter/instgam etc then they would all be shocked that their batteries can last more than 4 hours.

Impreza RB5 #054
My 6 easily lasts all day and I'm on it constantly, emailing, taking phone calls, surfing the net.
Where as my 5 would be in the red before 11am.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
ITT: people who have never had an iphone complaining about the battery life of an iphone

I think most people have had an iPhone, I also have no knowledge of the 6+ which I imagine is good. I do however know of 6 owners that have complained a lot. One is my 65 year old boss who hardly uses his phone.

The one plus thread brings me hours of laughter.. It sounds fking sh1te..

I agree.

No issues with my OnePlus, the only people posting are those who are having issues :)

But LOL @ this price, let's see, you could buy this for £79, or just buy a £9 power bank and plug it in when you need to. Tough choice. But wait, only one is Apple, so easy choice, for the noobs ;)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
All smart phones, when used as smart phones have w**k battery life. It's no surprise really, is it?

I mean, if you ask a screen to be illuminated for 12 hours a day, use the Internet, make calls and text, then it's not likely to be like on the battery.

I had an old Nokia for my work phone years ago, used to last a week on a single charge, because it had a tiny black and green screen, and only did calls and texts. Now I have a shitty blackberry that gets charged every other day, and that's because I can't use the f**king thing. If it was used the same as my iPhone, it would get charged as much as my iPhone does.

Reactions: dk