ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow foam and lance suggestions

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I have that lance, works well.

I use AF Avalanche at the moment, not the thicket foam but cleans well.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Nice one mate. Forgot about AF actually, I'll look into that. Ideally though I want something cheaper than an AF product

Range Rover Sport
I use that exact item, however I use it with pH neutral snow foam.

Works well, as you can adjust the ratio via the 'lance'.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Check on DW, Autobrite are doing some really good deals on their Lance and Magifoam.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Buy your lance and snowfoam separate, CarPro are still the cheapest for the lance. Especially with the 10% discount!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Cheers guys! It's a karcher I've got but it's quite an old one..can't remember the model number or anything

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I'm pretty sure it is but can't confirm as I keep it at my parents..I'll have a look and look into getting your one

Ph.2 172 / A6 Qttro
Using Foam Lance with Valet Pro ph-neutral Snow Foam. Great toy ... :D

forum7sixpy.jpg

Many.
Keep thinking about getting myself a snow foam setup.

Is it really worth it?

Sorry to hijack your thread!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Keep thinking about getting myself a snow foam setup.

Is it really worth it?

Sorry to hijack your thread!

Dont be daft mate, no need to apologise. I was thinking the same as u. I just fancy it for ease aswell as the fact there is minimal contact with the paint. Also my birthday shortly so may aswell treat myself

PH2 Flamer
8a6ugy3a.jpg

That's magifoam through the autobrite foam lance. Obviously doesn't have to be used so thick, I was just messing about with it.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I ordered 5l of Magifoam and an Autobrite lance for £53(ish) delivered on Thursday. There is a 15% discount code which I'll dig out if anyone wants it..

RB 182, GSXR 750
Another vote for Autobrite here.

182_33.jpg

They've got some good deals on at the moment. I ordered the Autobrite lance, 5L of Magifoam, 500ml of Superfoam and a pump for the 5L bottle for £61 delivered.

Above photo is after sitting for about 5 mins and this was my first attempt with snow foam, so will probably apply slightly thicker next time.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I have the i4Detailing lance, had it years. My mate had the autobrite one and it is fine.
I really didn't rate the magifoam though when I used it. Mate said the same too

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Obsession wax "Blizzard" snow foam through an AB lance.

I only uses around 50ml of foam and filled the lance bottle full with hot water:

u4adeby3.jpg

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I left it to dwell for around 20 mins whilst I cleaned the wheels and the badges and it was still very thick.

I don't mind sending a sample out for postage costs Coby. ?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Nah it's cool, I'm still yet to buy a lance, I keep saying I will and then get distracted by other stuff :eek:

Cheers for the offer though :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
The autobrite lance is fantastic
i was disappointed with the CYC lance when I tried it out. The autobrite magifoam snow foam range is fantastic

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The lances are all much the same. Performance wise one is no better than the other unless its poorly adjusted or set up wrong

As for the foams, cleaning power again is not all that different. They can't clean to well otherwise they will start to affect your wax/sealant. Main differences are how much they can be diluted and how thick the foam or long the dwell time is which cones down to personal preferences

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
The lances are all much the same. Performance wise one is no better than the other unless its poorly adjusted or set up wrong

As for the foams, cleaning power again is not all that different. They can't clean to well otherwise they will start to affect your wax/sealant. Main differences are how much they can be diluted and how thick the foam or long the dwell time is which cones down to personal preferences

Im almost out of the Magifoam I had off you, need to start looking for something else now. Really like Magifoam, just want to try other things too. The hunt begins!

Just to add to this, it's the pressure washer that creates the stark difference. The more pressure the PW has, the more it will create the "shaving foam" thick consistency.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Nilfisk Centenial man enough to create a good thick foam?

Popping out with the old man today so might try and pop in somewhere and pick one up, Life without a pressure washer is killing me :(

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

Popping out with the old man today so might try and pop in somewhere and pick one up, Life without a pressure washer is killing me :(

It does depend on the foam.

I have the Centennial and Magifoam is very thick, whilst Valet pro advanced is thin and runs off in about 5 mins.

Yeah it will be, Andy.

It does depend on the foam.

I have the Centennial and Magifoam is very thick, whilst Valet pro advanced is thin and runs off in about 5 mins.

Not to doubt you chap, but it is the pressure that creates the thick foam. Granted different foams will show a marginal difference in consistency, but nothing like the affect of a decent rated PW versus a cheapo one.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Out of bloody stock at the Homebase I popped into :(

Used some form of Snowfoam up my Dads old yard, They use it on their fleet of lorries so god knows how harsh it was but was only on Mothers car that hadn't been washed in a while so had algae/moss growing on the rubber trims :eek:

It's cemented my want for a Snowfoam lance though :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'll pop into another one at some point, Was just passing one today with the old man so popped in but they only had a display model.