ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snowmans Mk1 valver

ITB'd MK1
A Mk1 project I've been working on recently. Andy (Snowman) isn't on here AFAIK, so I thought I'd share

Brought to me like this
KUX230.gif

KUX231.gif

And took it's place in the workshop
KUX232.gif

KUX238.gif

KUX239.gif

KUX240.gif

KUX241.gif

KUX242.gif

Having the Canems ECU fitted into the O.E position

KUX243.gif

KUX244.gif

And some shiny goodies from Renault,225 Meg injectors

KUX237.gif

KUX233.gif

KUX234.gif

KUX235.gif

At this point I had a bit of a wait due to the Belgian manufacturer of the inlet manifold taking an absolute age.

I waited

and emailed

and waited

and telephoned

then waited a bit more

then suddenly, parcels arrived!!!

KUX246.gif

KUX247.gif

KUX248.gif

at this point, I had to make the filter fit. Not as easy as you'd think in a mk1. Involves quite a lot of cutting away at the edge of the front panel, then getting the filter as low as physically possible to clear the bonnet

KUX249.gif

KUX250.gif

KUX251.gif

KUX252.gif

Tight fit, but all in.

ITB'd MK1
then I had to fit and dial in the cams with a new belt.

KUX254.gif

KUX255.gif

KUX256.gif

Low profile rad, painted with special paint supplied by Andy

KUX255-1.gif

And fitted 8) ...

KUX256-1.gif

At this point, I had various tooing and froing with bits in and out, finalising fit, and putting the braided fuel hose with black anodised fitting in.....

KUX260.gif

KUX261.gif

KUX262.gif

KUX263.gif

KUX265.gif

KUX257.gif

and had to remake the top alternator bracket as this was what I was presented with...

IMAG0151.jpg

So....simple but effective
IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

ITB'd MK1
we're not running an aux water pump anymore, and the long hose under the O.E rad has been removed, so I made some ali blanking plugs for the Samcos.

KUX273.gif

KUX272.gif

Nice new SPAL fan which is now fitted also..

KUX271.gif

Thats about where I'm at right now. Hopefully have some updates this week though

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looks like a great build, more information is needed on this different waterpump system. I have seen electric wasterpumps from merlin Motorsport! Is that what this car will have?

Trophy #473
Nah, F7's have an aux water pump aswell as a mechanical one, its for cooling the car when the engines off by circulating coolant. Always loved meg F7R conversions!

ITB'd MK1
12.5:1 iapel pistons and forged rods, catcam 213's and pulleys, headwork, ktec tubular manifold, jenvey 45s, and yes a Chadil manifold

53 Clio's & counting
Nice spec, what are you hoping for - 220bhp ish? That manifold doesnt actually look too badly made, the usual ones from them iv seen are shocking.

ITB'd MK1
Nice spec, what are you hoping for - 220bhp ish? That manifold doesnt actually look too badly made, the usual ones from them iv seen are shocking.

it's nothing like jenvey quality, but it's passable. I'd like to see 220 region. I didn't build the engine though, so there's a degree of the unknown

Black Clio GT
awesome, looking forward to the finished product... always have and always will have a soft spot for mk1 hybrids <3

ITB'd MK1
well, I guess I should keep this updated...

The car is now all mapped after a full evening spent on the dyno at ktec,vbut just as we had done a couple of runs to map the full throttle areas, and decided to let the engine cool down for a short while before doing the final power runs, the gearbox started making a horrific noise. FFS. bye bye JB3.

I returned the car to Andy in bristol the next morning

DSC02903.gif

DSC02904.gif

and Gaz jumped in for a drive around the yard

th_VIDEO0003.gif

So, to solve the gearbox issue, Laine came up trumps and delivered the box from his ill faited F4R mk1 from cornwall up to Bristol

Bit grubby so Andy let his OCD kick in ;)

KUX282.gif

KUX283.gif

KUX284.gif

KUX285.gif

KUX286.gif

Gave the bell housing a good GUNKing too..

KUX288.gif

And painted

KUX289.gif

KUX290.gif

Then made some brackets to hold the spark cover down with as it's a megane rocker cover, but using a 172 coil and leads (dont ask lol)

KUX287.gif

So now, I'm waiting on the car having it's new box, and having the bodywork finished, then back on the rollers to find out what it's actually finally making

ITB Hybrid+Cup+Scenic II
Hi Danny,

Nice work!....
Snowmans project is great!

I've been playing around with my air filter back plate position and the filter.
Do you have a close up picture showing the back plate position seen from the front - mayby showing how the plate clears the alternator.
I had to trim my back plate a bit.

Do you happen to know which type of radiator Snowman used?
It seems a bit lower than mine.

Michael

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Bit of an update

when we first had the car on the dyno for mapping, we got most of the way through and the gearbox gave up. After giving the car back so Andy and Gaz could do their thing and swap over the newly detailed box, the car was put into the bodyshop for what was meant to be "a few weeks"

Well that stretched out to many months, due to the extent and quality of work being done, including a whole new roof skin to do away with the sunroof, and a full resparay in BMW Carbon black

KUX411.gif

so after all this quite a lot of time had passed and we eventually fitted around each others schedules to get the car back on the rollers today

KUX424.gif

and well......I'm quite pleased with the end result

KUX425.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ahhhh! So this is the mentally expensive build Gaz was telling me about when I went to view Roni's car.

Looks bloody lovely and that engine bay looks clinical! Well done.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I took it out first (having never driven it before) to make sure no changes needed to be made (as can sometimes be needed, Rollers and road can behave differently) then Snowman took it out straight after we'd finished and he came back shaking.