ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So god damn typical...just my luck

I have had my 172 6 days from new, and what happens, some dappy wench ends up going straight through a red light, and taking the front of my car off!!! :mad:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

needs a complete front end, bumper,bonnet,wing, grill and a light....so hacked off. and whats worse she was in a nova! anyway vent over. least it werent my fault and insurance will pay...

thankyou for your suppot.

dont knwo yet mate if it is a write off :(

suppose it depends on whether its fecked anything else, liek the chassis or summit, but i doubt it. doesnt appear to be any mechanical damage, just cosmetic.

her first comment was "did i just go though a red light?" urmmmmm "hell yeah!!" . dappy wench.

and the final comment from her was "oh i have to go, i am in a rush and late for something!!" just shows she werent paying attention....

luckily i have a solicitor as a witness!

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah rite plus having a new car that has been accident repaired after few days aint good either!!

Leon Cupra

They will fix that mate, tesco gave me the option whether to write my car off or fix it because it was that close. My car needed a whole new front end, 1 new door, 2 new alloys, a little bit of work to the rear quarter and a rear bumper. I chose to write the car off because I didn’t want a car that had been in an accident.

Tim.

p.s my car was 6 months old at the time

Yeah in some case i wouldnt mind it a write off, as long as i can then get like for like. i have only done 300 miles in it!. :(

In a lot of sense the damage doesnt look as bad as it sounds, but its the fact that most of the front end will need to be replaced to sort it. Thanks for the info tho guys and support :). ill try and get some pics up and see what you all think!. im feeling better about it now anyways - I just look at it as one of those things thats happened.....

Clio 1.6 16V

Sorry to hear your sad news mate. Would be gutted if that happened to me. To be honest its probably better to be declared a write off. With that level of damage (as you describe) it has probably bent the chassis so would never be quite right in the handling dept afterwards. Good news .... you could be excited for another 6 weeks waiting on another new one!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Really sorry that this has happened to your nice new car, it is bad enough getting a stone chip far less getting the front hit by a Nova. The driver must have been pretty shocked at damaging such a new car.

Why dont you tell the insurance company that it was a V6 until the wings got pushed back in!

http://9toes.com/Smilies/a/accident.gif

damn, sorry to hear that mate, all the more reasons to spend any excess cash on a big foot to cush every nova!

you could, claim it was written off then buy the car back for a few 100 £s then repair it and sell it on, that way you could benefit form the accident. well thats what 2 of my mates have done recently (not with 172 thought!!) as if its an economic write off, it doesnt have to be declared, i don;t think. As sometimes its not worth the insurance comapnies paying employees to deal with you ect ect.

May be more hassel than its worth though

thanks peeps :) Ive now moved out of "oh well sh*t happens mood" to "mope around the house feeling sorry for myself mood" :( lol

I think the whole ordeal of it is only starting to catch up with me. Its over to the insurance company now - I just hope things dont start getting sh*tty, you know how insurance claims can go.

anywaysssss, on looking at the damage more closely tonight, i dont think it will be a write off. I mean yeah quite a bit needs replacing as stated above, but no way is it near the value or the car, and it was very low speed impact, so i assume no chassis damage.... just the side of her car ripping the front end of the car! hey what do i know about things liek this tho!

cheers :)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Do you have legal protection? That is always to be recommended because if there is any dispute over whose fault an accident is, the insurance companys appointed lawyer will fight for you and it usually costs only about £15 extra, which is a small percentage of the insurance cost.

Alfa Mito 155TB

Your car has NCAP 4 safety rating...it has done its job but the car will never be that strong again....make sure its written off.

My last car was rammed from the side last year by a guy coming out of a side road...i went to hospital the next morning with delayed whiplash...five hours after the crash i had pins and needles in my arm from a trapped nerve in my neck and nausea which is a classic sympton of whiplash...go to hospital tomorrow if you feel unwell and keep the hopital visit number for your solicitor.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Shame. Nothing worse. The worst thing is the hassle getting everything sorted. Hope it turns out ok anyway.

yeah the guy who was in the passenger seat of my car started having neck pains and felt dizzy a couple of hours after the incident. And come to think of it my legs have been feeling really funny like this evening, I dunno sorta like jelly like. Weird to explain.

I will see how i am in the morning, but a few ppl have said about delayed whiplash and other injuries after an accident. thanks :)

CTR EK9 turbo

gutted for you mate. I still havent had my front bumper repaired after some anonymous idiot drove into it in a car park. The secruity couldnt be bothered to look at their CCTV and claimed it was pointing the wrong direction (yeah right, lazy a$$es). Still have a few nasty scratches on the front bumper...........great.......

yeha ppl are so careless now! you try look after your pride and joy, and other gits just home into it and ruin it!. i might as well go back to driving an old clapped out car - never had any problems then! as soon as you something decent, some sod will do summit to it :mad:

Megane 225 baby! :)

Quote: Originally posted by siroldvolks on 18 July 2003

yeah the guy who was in the passenger seat of my car started having neck pains and felt dizzy a couple of hours after the incident. And come to think of it my legs have been feeling really funny like this evening, I dunno sorta like jelly like. Weird to explain.

I will see how i am in the morning, but a few ppl have said about delayed whiplash and other injuries after an accident. thanks :)

had an front on accident a few years back and had whiplash but didnt kick in till next day when I had a job interview! if it hadnt be for my soon to be boss (work for a solicitors!!!!) wouldnt have gone to docs - started suffering from really bad headaches, etc - went to the doctors next day and the rest is history - had quite a lot of physio etc and got a payout as well - only get odd twinges now and then but only when i am v tired :)