ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

so happy (painted strips)

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
well i was happy untill my car broke today with how these turned out, quite a good colour match if i do say so,
DSC00136Medium.jpg

DSC00135Medium.jpg

DSC00134Medium.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Aye. Look off, especially on the 2nd and 3rd pic :(

DIY or a bodyshop do it?

kic

16v meant to be silver :lolup: nah i first thought they were but close up its near enough exact, the colour of my car changes with the light sometimes see a tint of brown or purple in it depending on the light WEIRD

kic

DIY so i cant complain plus the cars manky and paints so fresh

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
looks pretty good mate. can see what others are saying bout colour, but not to shabby for a diy job

looks good against the rest of the car, but when you compare the two parts of the strip against each other in the last pic, they look different.

kic

could this be down to the laquer??? found it hard trying to keep count of layers on each part so they were the same :eek:

looking good, another thing to remember when painting that sort of plastics you'll never get an exact match of colour in it. it's just the difference between painting metal and plastic. it doesn't shine up the same

what did you use? just 2 coat primer, 2 coat colour then 2 coat clear laquor??

kic

2 primer about 3 base coats and a tin of lacquer really used alot of lacquer as with about 3 coats it still wasn't as shiney as it could be strongly suggest putting it on really wet but beware of the dreaded runs, little bit of cutting compound then Autoglym super resin and extra gloss protection,

MK1 Clio 1.2i
Hey, Going to do the same thing with my sides on my MK1 this weekend.
Did you do anything to the plastics before the primer? Wet and dry or anything like that.
Also did you take them off car or just as easy to keep on and tap round?

Cheers