ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So.. I have aircon...

Car  172 5HED
Which I do not want on my cup! My mate doesnt and wants it!

So...., I need a couple of bits for the belt to run properly without it, would I be right in assuming that his none aircon model will have the dummy pully for the belt etc and we could swap the stuff over??;)
 
I'd have a guess it would be easier just to swap cars. I'd imagine the plumbing would be a nightmare, however I could be wrong.
 
I dont think the pump uses any power until its turned on, thats a lot of effort for a small weight gain and 1 hp lol.

Plus aircon is mint when its hot.
 
iv taken the A/c unit off the 172 engine recently, the only problem you will get is to get a bracket to hold the Alternator on, someone on here has done it in a project thread were he has used a R5 bracket and it worked, have to use a 5 something belt tho, i have the deatails at home,
 
iv taken the A/c unit off the 172 engine recently, the only problem you will get is to get a bracket to hold the Alternator on, someone on here has done it in a project thread were he has used a R5 bracket and it worked, have to use a 5 something belt tho, i have the deatails at home,

I was thinking the other engine would have all the gubbins i needed though as its none AC??
 
your sorted then, but what about the inside of the car the control's etc? any wiring in his to make it work?
 
Gis a clue mate!!

Its coming out one way or the other!! Its just the parts to put in its place, i.e the dummy pully etc!!

Well we did it on our track, we used a full 172 cup set up and swapped it over, so i presume the 197 will be the same.

But putting aircon it to a car that hasnt had it from the factory would be terrible, there will be aload of wiring id imagion, then there all the plumbing under the bonnet.
 
Well we did it on our track, we used a full 172 cup set up and swapped it over, so i presume the 197 will be the same.

But putting aircon it to a car that hasnt had it from the factory would be terrible, there will be aload of wiring id imagion, then there all the plumbing under the bonnet.

Hmm, true true!! Ill just rip the fucker out then and buy the dummy pully etc from Rsport!

Was trying to do it the pikey way lol!
 
Back
Top