ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So I'm an idiot.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Sell all bar the bike and buy something amazing?

Did tempt me, but don't want to to be honest!

Porsche : is going.
Jag : never being sold.
Bike : toy.
M3 : daily.
V6 : classic garage queen/toy.

I like having a choice and completely different cars, strange but that's just me!

DB.

BMW 440i
Me personally, I'd have sold the Porsche, M3 and V6 and bought a C63 AMG because i fapping love them, but that's the good thing about cars, it's all personal choice!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Me personally, I'd have sold the Porsche, M3 and V6 and bought a C63 AMG because i fapping love them, but that's the good thing about cars, it's all personal choice!

It is massively tempting to do this! I might hold off on it until driving a V8V. The V6 is ridiculously special but then I'll have 3 expensive cars to own and run…and I don't quite know how special a V8V is…hmmm.

DB.

BMW 440i
The exact thing I was thinking :)

I'm currently having a quote done to refurb my alloys on the Gti, as well as the front bumper resprayed bringing the car back to mint condition allowing me to enjoy it and keep it another 18 months/2 years then going for a new C250/C300 when they release them. They look stunning. Couldn't afford to run a C63 and buy a house though lol!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It is massively tempting to do this! I might hold off on it until driving a V8V. The V6 is ridiculously special but then I'll have 3 expensive cars to own and run…and I don't quite know how special a V8V is…hmmm.

The V6 could be kept as a garage queen Sunday car. It feels special. And buy the V8V instead of the M3. You're welcome.

Fact is you've bought cars that won't really depreciate so it matters not a joy.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
The V6 could be kept as a garage queen Sunday car. It feels special. And buy the V8V instead of the M3. You're welcome.

Fact is you've bought cars that won't really depreciate so it matters not a joy.

Can't afford a V6 and V8V dude!
Had time to think, not sure it's the right move now!

BMW F21 125d
Joe. I'm coming to Derby. Lol.

Seriously though, I thought you'd picked up that CSL that was up on cutters.

What's the spec of the V6? It's one of them 'must own at some point' cars, same as an M3. When you sell the V, like next month, PM me!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nice purchase.

V8V isn't a wonderful daily driver. Manual is very clunky and the Sport Shift is just s**t!

I do laugh at the CS mentality. You need to sell all and buy this. On the basis of nothing other than I like it...Or Chris Harris likes it!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
V6 is definitely on, collecting tomorrow after work!

Joe. I'm coming to Derby. Lol.

Seriously though, I thought you'd picked up that CSL that was up on cutters.

What's the spec of the V6? It's one of them 'must own at some point' cars, same as an M3. When you sell the V, like next month, PM me!

Was tempted Dave but not with those miles…wasn't quite cheap enough I don't think.
It's completely standard mate (although I'm unsure if it has an aftermarket exhaust as it's louder than I thought, in a good way!). Hopefully be keeping this one a while…famous last words!

Nice purchase.

V8V isn't a wonderful daily driver. Manual is very clunky and the Sport Shift is just s**t!

I do laugh at the CS mentality. You need to sell all and buy this. On the basis of nothing other than I like it...Or Chris Harris likes it!

Haha true!
Ended up scrapping the V8V idea, just seems like throwing too much money away for a year of fun, whereas this will hopefully be the opposite, but we'll see!

Nice one!!

More pics please!!

Will get some up at the weekend when I do the first clean!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
As beautiful as the V8V is, they aren't particularly fun...I think you've taken the right approach with the Clio.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Lovely :) you always did want one so glad you finally got round to treating yourself!

If the exhaust is massive and rusty its standard, anything else will be after-market ;)

Awesome purchase mate bet your chuffed to bits, was this the one on autotrader? I was tempted by this if so.

I think your collection you have is better than selling all for an amg c63 a friend has one & as good as the engine is it dosnt feel special at all imo.