ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So What Is The Best Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Newer = Better.

I bet it breaks down less often.

EDIT: Didn't even see less desirable, Lol . . . oh dear.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Touching wood, crossing fingers and toes!

It's never gave me any hassle, nor did my last one.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Less desirable? Seriously?

Yes seriously!!!!!!!! lol. Ford intended on selling what 500pumas in the UK, they only managed to sell half that! because nobody wanted to pay 23k! 23k!!! For a Puma! Don't be so blinkered gally! The FRP (Whilst nice) was an utter flop!

Evo 5 RS
Yes seriously!!!!!!!! lol. Ford intended on selling what 500pumas in the UK, they only managed to sell half that! because nobody wanted to pay 23k! 23k!!! For a Puma! Don't be so blinkered gally! The FRP (Whilst nice) was an utter flop!

I'm gonna be a troll and say that's not always a bad thing! The Corrado was massively overpriced and nobody bought that. Still an awesome piece of s**t! Desirable too if you find a good un'

(and it's also on Car-magazines top cars to drive before you die ;) )

P.S at least you can safely say the Racing Puma is more desirable than the Probe:rasp:

back on topic.

Last edited:
  328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Just because it wasn't desirable when it was new, doesn't mean it isn't now, just look how much they sell for.

I'm not trying to brown nose Gally, I just think some of the comments in this thread are rediculously biased.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Of course it was a flop! It was 23k ffs!

They were never ever gona sell! But they went all out they spent way too much on it, Research, development and making the thing, is that such a bad thing?

Craig the thing is when I say something to back up my points i'm blinkered. The truth is i'm anything but. I gave my opinion on the Williams. He brought the Puma into the convo.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm gonna be a troll and say that's not always a bad thing! The Corrado was massively overpriced and nobody bought that. Still an awesome piece of s**t! Desirable too if you find a good un'

(and it's also on Car-magazines top cars to drive before you die ;) )

back on topic.

i hear you, que the 28k Clio V6 comments...but at least renault sold them all! Easily! ;)

Comparing the willy to the FRP is silly. The willy is a part of heritage! Consistantly named as one of the best hot hatches made...And i'm far from being biased, as i didn't even rate it!

Never driven the FRP, but i also have no desire to do so! it's like an Atom, i can see the appeal for 10sec but i wouldn't want one.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
It was only compared by some bellend who said it was gay, after I tried provoking by calling the williams gay.

Look what I started, Lol.

SC Ph1 172 and M140i
Nor has it got rusty arches and a s**t interior!

Rusty arches fair point, mine hasn't (anymore;)), but the interior I have to disagree I love the interior especially the seats they are so comfy and I have yet to meet a person that hasn't got into my car and gone mmmmm as they have sunk their butt into the seat. The blue bits make it and of course the all important plaque :)

I appreciate I am a little biased but I love lots of cars, mainly Renault I grant you, but I can appreciate lots of cars for lots of different reasons even your Puma gally :p

182 Trophy
Williams and 205's may be great to chuck around but they're both sheds! Some are nicely polished and waxed sheds but sheds none-the-less.

Not everyone wants a shed. We're not all the same. :rolleyes:

SC Ph1 172 and M140i
Williams and 205's may be great to chuck around but they're both sheds! Some are nicely polished and waxed sheds but sheds none-the-less.

Not everyone wants a shed. We're not all the same. :rolleyes:

Sorry but this makes no sense what so ever. What makes any car a shed if they are running, well kept and rust free. I don't understand your logic?

182 Trophy
Like a well kept, rust free Nissan Bluebird or a Peugeot 405 would be classed as a shed too. They belong in the '90s, not in 2010. I guess they're alright as a budget track toy though but that's about it for me.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ignoring the Williams (as the OP obviously doesn't want one, this was cleared up on the first page ffs) I'd go in terms of drivability:

Trophy > Ph1 172 > 172cup.

Not that I'm biased or nowt...

182 Trophy
Some like classics, some prefer the latest. Not just with cars. Both have there + and -.

Imo classics belong in museums. I say it again, we're not all the same.

182 Trophy
You're saying the racing puma looks dated?

I'd say if anything the general puma shape is still pretty modern. The car is ten years old now though.

Lol I never mentioned the Puma. I ment the 205 and Williams. I like the Puma look although it's got a bit of a *girls car* image due to most being driven by women and old ladies. If I didn't always see women driving it, then I would've actually bought one as a second car instead of my Polo as I like Fords and I hear they're good handlers. Anyway I hope there's no more talk about 205s, Williams or Pumas in this thread now.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Having had a read of this yesterday i went out in a mates puma and then a williams today, i can say persoanlly i had just as much fun in the willy as i did the puma, the puma isnt exactly a quick car, but speed doesnt = Fun imo... I will agress with most the Mk1 shape is old and dated but still looks great the puma be it a big fiesta ;) still has alot of road presance, not quite as much as the FRP mind.. One thing that annoyed me about the puma, you cant see F*ck all out of the back window..

Thats my small amount on input, dont want to clog the thread up with shite.

Iv changed my mind too.. It had to be the Ph1, clable throttle no delay in throttle response , slightly lighter and much meaner looking front end :rasp:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Like a well kept, rust free Nissan Bluebird or a Peugeot 405 would be classed as a shed too. They belong in the '90s, not in 2010. I guess they're alright as a budget track toy though but that's about it for me.

I could've sworn we were in 2011! On your basis what would that make things like an etype, sheds lol? Your clearly missing the point of what makes a good classic.....

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I really like the ph1 these days. I used to think they looked very dated but as said the front end is quite mean looking.

I loved the black one on here. Evil giraffe's I think.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I really like the ph1 these days. I used to think they looked very dated but as said the front end is quite mean looking.

I loved the black one on here. Evil giraffe's I think.

+1 and i think it was edd's? Black with red f1's? looked the mutts nuts

182 Trophy
I could've sworn we were in 2011! On your basis what would that make things like an etype, sheds lol? Your clearly missing the point of what makes a good classic.....

Sure some like a good old classic and nothing wrong with that. I can fully understand people going for classics but if I had to choose, I'd still prefer an XKR coupe or whatever they are. To me, the E Type belongs in a Museum. I go on watch forums abit and there are many who prefer vintage and others who like the latest stuff. It's just what I prefer. Oh and I mean 2011 lol.

Tbh I think the Mk2 Clio is getting on a bit too now next to Mk3s, Type Rs etc. My mate has a BM CSL which I think is getting on a bit too while others I know have wet dreams over it.

williams and trophy
Sure some like a good old classic and nothing wrong with that. I can fully understand people going for classics but if I had to choose, I'd still prefer an XKR coupe or whatever they are. To me, the E Type belongs in a Museum. I go on watch forums abit and there are many who prefer vintage and others who like the latest stuff. It's just what I prefer. Oh and I mean 2011 lol.

Tbh I think the Mk2 Clio is getting on a bit too now next to Mk3s, Type Rs etc. My mate has a BM CSL which I think is getting on a bit too while others I know have wet dreams over it.

lol.....you drive a shed. its old, dated. and if you buy a new car....in 3 months time it will be a shed. your logic doesnt add up at all. if you dont like old cars but have to have the latest, not necessarily greatest incarnations, then youl be buying brand new cars forever more.....and frequently

you have a polo, and quite like the puma......could this be gally under another username?? lol but you hate older cars..wtf???? 1 or the other you contradict yourself within the same sentance lol...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
He has a polo?

It says Trophy? Or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.