ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So.... Xbox one or PS4?

Which one?

• Total voters
  work for BMW
i'm pretty confused , i dislike ps3 with a passion and have always been an xbox man, how ever these ridiculous changes xbox one are bringing about used games and the fact ps4 is cheaper is really got me thinking

Ps4 for me :)

Just didn't like Xbox and 360 :(
(I owned both)

Didn't like the controller either :/

I did like forza 2 though :)
(gt5 was.....shite tbh.....older gti's were very good though!!)

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4

You bathplug, Saw this topic and thought "aha, think i'll be clever and say PC" but nooooo had to be beaten didn't I....

But since i've moved to PC, and can't see myself going back to console, maybe at a push if the exclusives are decent and prices get cheaper, Huge Forza fan so i'll probably jump on the Xbox wagon, though from what I've heard so far the PS4 is the console to be had.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
My plan is to try and hold out on the current gen for as long as possible (GTAV, GT6 etc. + all the stuff I already own and haven't played enough). Although as soon as my gaming mates start getting new stuff I will probably just follow suite. I assumed they would be going for the Xbox which I was planning on for Forza but one is undecided and the other reckons PS4 is the way to go.

If the new Xbox doesn't support older Fanatec hardware then it'll be a massive slap in the face.

S2H

RS Clio 200
Pre-ordered xbox and can't wait for BF4 and Titanfall

Reasons not to buy a ps4....

Terrible awful controller
Terrible lauch games line up
No HDMI in
Lightyears behind camera technology
PSN sucks compared to Live
Not a fan of most of the Sony exclusive titles

It's funny that the media has declared a Sony win at e3 due to DRM, Price and always connected to the net. I couldn't care less about these things. I don't buy used games or swap, I always have Sky Fibre unlimited and i'm willing to pay an extra 80quid for the Kinect 2.0 which will become more prevalent as time goes on.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Pre-ordered xbox and can't wait for BF4 and Titanfall

Reasons not to buy a ps4....

Terrible awful controller
Terrible lauch games line up
No HDMI in
Lightyears behind camera technology
PSN sucks compared to Live
Not a fan of most of the Sony exclusive titles

It's funny that the media has declared a Sony win at e3 due to DRM, Price and always connected to the net. I couldn't care less about these things. I don't buy used games or swap, I always have Sky Fibre unlimited and i'm willing to pay an extra 80quid for the Kinect 2.0 which will become more prevalent as time goes on.

For a start they have re done the psn for the new gen.
Launch games - meh, who needs 50 launch titles? Ps4 will have more exclusives in the long run. More developers will go to Sony IMO. Plus we have naughty Dog. Pisses on every other developer. Again, my opinion.
Also, you best hope you never have to move house or change broadband suppliers then as you'll only have a 24 hour windows to not be online.
Plus, drivers club looks like it could be as good, if not better than Forza.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i'm pretty confused , i dislike ps3 with a passion and have always been an xbox man, how ever these ridiculous changes xbox one are bringing about used games and the fact ps4 is cheaper is really got me thinking

People seem to be ignoring a few things, ps4 doesn't come with eye and now has subscription so for the same package as Xbox one cost the same amount

Secondly all this used game s**t! Sony are very cleverly covering this, only games made by sony are free to use second hand. Any thirdparty developer can charge whatever they want for you to use it second hand, just like EA charge £8 a game at the moment, so halthe ps4 tittles won't be free to use second hand

On Xbox one you can use second hand games for free, but a game can only have 2 owners, so what difference does that make to any of us, just buy used games from shops as they would have only had 1 owner......

Its Xbox for me, the ps4 has no good exclusive tittles except the order, every other good game can be bought on Xbox. Xbox has more gmes announced And in production and more exclusives, and ps4 half their exclusives are shitty kids arcade cartoon games that no one cares about anyway

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No this used game thing is very confusing. Pre-owned games could be 5th hand titles.

What's to stop me and my mate going each way on a game and installing it on 2 machines each person gets the full game at half the cost? Surely not?

Evo 5 RS
People seem to be ignoring a few things, ps4 doesn't come with eye and now has subscription so for the same package as Xbox one cost the same amount

Secondly all this used game s**t! Sony are very cleverly covering this, only games made by sony are free to use second hand. Any thirdparty developer can charge whatever they want for you to use it second hand, just like EA charge £8 a game at the moment, so halthe ps4 tittles won't be free to use second hand

On Xbox one you can use second hand games for free, but a game can only have 2 owners, so what difference does that make to any of us, just buy used games from shops as they would have only had 1 owner......

Its Xbox for me, the ps4 has no good exclusive tittles except the order, every other good game can be bought on Xbox. Xbox has more gmes announced And in production and more exclusives, and ps4 half their exclusives are s**tty kids arcade cartoon games that no one cares about anyway

Nothing in what you just said makes sense.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I won't be getting either. I've got a 360 and PS3, I use neither anymore apart from the PS3 every now and again to watch a film on.

I might go back to PS this time.

I never have the time to play games nowadays anyway, so it'll be an expensive paperweight, but meh. Havent owned a console since last year and havent missed it one bit.
​Plus, if I go back to PS, I'll be able to rejoin the SWET clan ;) (Hi Dredz).

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
No this used game thing is very confusing. Pre-owned games could be 5th hand titles.

What's to stop me and my mate going each way on a game and installing it on 2 machines each person gets the full game at half the cost? Surely not?

Why do I have it in my head that a mate can use it for 30 days only? Not sure if that's legit or not but i'm sure I read it somewhere.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Nah your friends can play your games but they need to have been on your friends list for at least 30 days

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Seriously, could somebody tell me what the best console would be for me?

I currently have a 360, although a play about 2 hours a week max, and I also use it for Netflix. I have no idea what most of this jargon is, but from what I gather, I'll be better off with the new Xbox?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Seriously, could somebody tell me what the best console would be for me?

I currently have a 360, although a play about 2 hours a week max, and I also use it for Netflix. I have no idea what most of this jargon is, but from what I gather, I'll be better off with the new Xbox?

probably keep your 360 until the prices fall massively. would like to know what's really going on with those poll results; I think PS3 users will all want to upgrade, and I expect a lot of those 'no plans to upgrade' are 360 users.

Last edited:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Both for me, 1 on release and the other a few months down the line, just need to decide which one I want first.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
No need for anyone to get touchy, i'm only posting because it made me laugh.

It's called the xbox one as it took 359 steps backwards...

Last edited:

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Really disappointed neither offer backward compatibility. I was a Sony kid, but moved to Xbox when the 360 came out, but thinking I'll be moving back to Sony this round, sounds like the all round better package, and I've got a bit bored of the Xbox exclusives that initially drew me in, and some of the more indie PS4 exclusives sound exciting.

Why do they have to over complicate everything?

All I want is a console where I put a cd in, play a game with epic graphics, and turn it off.

I don't want an entertainment centre and have to connect to the Internet every so many hours.

I want a 360 with mega graphics, that's all.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Why do they have to over complicate everything?

All I want is a console where I put a cd in, play a game with epic graphics, and turn it off.

I don't want an entertainment centre and have to connect to the Internet every so many hours.

I want a 360 with mega graphics, that's all.
its called a ps4, what you've described, well apart from the cd bit......bluray holds a little bit more data

DCi
I don't really care about the DRM etc because it will be connected to the Internet all the time anyway and I don't buy that many games.

So probably xbox unless everyone I play games with converts to ps4 which I doubt.

Evo 5 RS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

Best (worst) DRM to date was Starforce, which physically accessed your IDE / SATA channel in order to verify authenticity. Actually managed to break a few peoples PC's, then was forever known as Starf**k. There are legitimate reasons why people despise DRM, but I think a lot of people are jumping on the band wagon with this one. MS will more than likely increase the time limit up from 24 hours IMO as it is.

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST
If you're shifting from Xbox to PS then these will be available for the PS:

oSi1MMu.jpg