ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Socket at back of glove box

Clio 172 Cup
I was fitting my newly arrived Connects2 yesterday, wiring it in so the iPod to live safely in the glovebox, rather than mounted on the dash - all works a treat and I've now got 60GB of music to listen too :D

However, I decided to route the cable through the at the back of the glovebox, on the right-hand side rather than drill anything new. Having a feel around there was some sort of plug just above the hole, as if perhaps it should have been mounted onto the hole and available from inside the glovebox. Is this some sort of ECU diagnostics port perhaps or something else?

I'm worried now that something internal is missing a connection, even though everything is working!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
yea there is a plug on the back of the gloveboxes have no idea what its for and never seen it connected either.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
If it has a blue cover that you can turn to open/close, its the air con vent. If you have it open when the air con is on, it feeds cold air into the glove box to keep your drinks and snacks cool.. :cool:

K20 EG Hatch
Nez said:
If it has a blue cover that you can turn to open/close, its the air con vent. If you have it open when the air con is on, it feeds cold air into the glove box to keep your drinks and snacks cool.. :cool:

i been wandering what this is for ages! haha, answered me :D

BMW M135i
Didn't think the clios had these, unfortunately I haven't got one either. :( Pitty because its a good feature.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I haven't got one in my 182 . Anybody got a pic . Unless the guy who fitted my alarm had put the switch over it that disables the alarm .