ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soggy footwell

Da

Less
Well plural actually so footwells ;)

On my mum's Dynamique she has today noticed a nice little puddle in the drivers side rear footwell.

I have just been round and found that the drivers side front footwell is soaked also. I've had the scuttle off, carpets out, rear bench removed, checked everything in the boot, had a look at the sunroof and seriously can't find a way in for the water! :S

Any further ideas guys would be much appreciated! :)

Hi,

I experienced this issue myself a few weeks ago.

Dealers did couple of things, these being:
1. Tighten door strikers - did not cure problem.
2. Replaced door seals which had failed

Problem now all sorted.

Da

Less
Thanks for the info, will look into that further.

Was it just one side that had failed, i.e drivers side, or was it both sides?

Da

Less
No, you mean for the drain?

Out of interest does anyone know where the drain is for the sunroof?

C

clvs2222

theres a guide on here on how to clean the sunroof drainage pipes.

BMW M135i
When my 172 decided to do this trick it was the skuttle panel drain blocked. Ended up stripping all the front interior out to dry it properly.

Da

Less
Cheers Ben, do you mean the drip tray under the screen? I've had all that out and it seemed pretty clear to be honest.

BMW M135i
In the middle of the skuttle panel theres a rubber drain pipe about 6 inches long which drains water out of the skuttle. It can get blocked them the water backs up and comes into the cabin through the heater, take the easy side off and get the hose out to see if its draining. Otherwise could be a few things, you'll probably have to get the hose out to find it.

Da

Less
Thanks once agin for the info, will have a look this weekend, although my mum is pretty certain it's coming in at the rear of the cabin as opposed to the front.

BMW M135i
The rear arches are known to have been poorly sealed but it'd be wet under the rear bench as well if it were leaking in there. So dunno, investigation is required!

Da

Less
There is sign of previous dampness under the rear bench, some small areas of mold so the rear arches are a good shout!

BMW M135i
Get the hose blasting up them and you'll soon see. (I seem to have a thing for hoses in this thread hmm)

Da

Less
Sorted (fingers crossed) cheers Ben.

Had all wheels off today and cleaned all the inner arches. Discovered a small hole in the sealant on the drivers side arch where it meets the bulkhead so have siliconed it all up :)

Will see how that gets on and maybe do a more permanent repair at a later date if needed!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
The rear arches are known to have been poorly sealed but it'd be wet under the rear bench as well if it were leaking in there. So dunno, investigation is required!

Why thank you very much bmh:D I have been getting a very small puddle under my pas side rear bench for months and couldn't work out where it was coming from.
I will look into that.

When my 172 decided to do this trick it was the skuttle panel drain blocked. Ended up stripping all the front interior out to dry it properly.

I'll have to check the scuttle panel drain on mine when i get back from offshore.

As i don't want wet footwells :)

Where would it leak in if the rear arches aren't properly sealed ?

In the middle of the skuttle panel theres a rubber drain pipe about 6 inches long which drains water out of the skuttle. It can get blocked them the water backs up and comes into the cabin through the heater, take the easy side off and get the hose out to see if its draining. Otherwise could be a few things, you'll probably have to get the hose out to find it.

How would you clear the drain pipe if there backing up with water beacsue it aint draining away ?

Can they be removed ?

As i wouldn't want to stick a wire coat hanger down them or something in case they pop off :(

Ideally blowing down them with an air gun would be a best bet, but i don't have an air compressor at home :(

BMW M135i
You can get your hand down the back of the soundproofing and pull it out easily enough, its only pushed into the skuttle panel from underneath and theres a stud to support it sticking out the bulkhead. Probably have to take the upper inlet off to get access though I can't remember.

Rear arches leak where they haven't sealed the seams properly. Bit of silicon will sort it.

Storm Grey 200

My car did this, the drains were blocked, so it was just flowing up and into the car, i also found that the seal around the fan was crap so i re-sealed it, dry as a bone since.

No more mould smell :D

BMW M135i
The water would run into the heater in mine and drip out the bottom and into the drivers footwell as this was the lowest point, passenger side was fine obviously there wasn't a very good seal but it shouldn't need to be as the water will only get high enough to run in the heater if the drain blocks.