ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sold my A45 AMG and bought myself a cliosport

Renaultsport 200
Hello, today I placed a deposit on a Clio sport EDC LUX, love the colour and standard tech, would have liked the 2.0 and manual but needed four doors for occasional rides from my two girls.
I'm a hot hatch lover and had a few but needed to release some funds for a bigger house move so found myslef on the search for a cheap fun hatch that's still pretty practical and the Clio won.

Here's my past hatches and the new Clio

Mazda 3 MPS Pretty standard power wise bar intake, turbo inlet pipe and second decat.
DSC_0270.jpg

Next up was an M135i ZF auto great car and great noise
DSC_0824.jpg

Last hot hatch was my A45 AMG, this was stage 1 tuned to 410 bhp and 420 lbft. Was very fast and grip was unreal, performance exhaust was epic and I loved this car. Posted some incredible Vbox times
0C2C0EEE-D856-479C-ADB2-7C9C3F190477.jpg

9907B851-A30D-4F91-9C08-27A2DB2ADA18_7.gif

Sold the A45 for house funds so in comes the Clio!
7CB56DCD-0D78-4FF4-B2E4-205947E84BD1.gif

FA6676E4-5D0E-4CA8-B847-6AEAD3AC07F3.gif

Mini Cooper S sport
Merc was absolutely epic and looked stunning, you must be gutted to see it go.

However I LOVE the Clio. Best colour and looks the absolute nuts. Hope you won't be too disappointed that it's half the speed of the AMG though lol

Oh and welcome to Cliosport!!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard - hope it's not too slow after the A45. s**t the bed that must have been quick and had the potential to embarrass!

RB 182 FF
Mercs do absolutely nothing for me usually and I'm a car nut, however that A45 does actually look quite appealing! Looks a mean motor and you can't argue with those times! You definitely chose the right Renault colour as well, and the Mazda looked niceeeee!:smile:

Renaultsport 200
The Mazda was great, had a standard spec to embarrass the Germans but was ultimately limited by traction, the M135i sounded good had the best gearbox by far and was very fast but was ugly and handled a bit like a boat.
The A45 was epic though, tight body control, masses of grip and the noise from the exhaust with the pano roof back was like a group B rally car! Gearbox was a bit poo though.
I didn't fee too bad selling it (apart from losing 15k in depreciation) but my Mrs moved jobs so I was doing 3 miles a day and at £600 a month I would have been selfish to keep it tbh.
The Clio looks great and drives pretty good, think it needs some pilot supersports though and I did have a bit of a WTF moment when I first gunned it up the road as it felt a bit flat but there's the auto box to thank for that I suppose.

How do these things respond to tuning? Or will the gearbox poo itself?

RB 182 FF
Fkin hell 15k depreciation.... Wow, I've never owned a car even near to new,15k would honestly make me cry! After coming from that AMG most cars will feel flat I suppose.... It's like coming off a sports bike into a car, just no comparison...!

Im no help with the new Clio, but plenty of really good people here who can answer your questions I'm sure! Welcome to the Renault fold, I hope you enjoy it!:smile::up:

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
The Mazda was great, had a standard spec to embarrass the Germans but was ultimately limited by traction, the M135i sounded good had the best gearbox by far and was very fast but was ugly and handled a bit like a boat.
The A45 was epic though, tight body control, masses of grip and the noise from the exhaust with the pano roof back was like a group B rally car! Gearbox was a bit poo though.
I didn't fee too bad selling it (apart from losing 15k in depreciation) but my Mrs moved jobs so I was doing 3 miles a day and at £600 a month I would have been selfish to keep it tbh.
The Clio looks great and drives pretty good, think it needs some pilot supersports though and I did have a bit of a WTF moment when I first gunned it up the road as it felt a bit flat but there's the auto box to thank for that I suppose.

How do these things respond to tuning? Or will the gearbox poo itself?
From what I've read, most of the remaps cause a warning message to pop up. There's a guy on clio200.net whose running around 240bhp I think it was and he's not had any issues at all. His was done by RS tuning in leeds.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Clio 200EDC is a cracking car. It might not be as visceral as some of the others, or even a 172 in its own way. But I'd take one as a daily 100%. They are also a hoot on track in standard guise.

Evo 5 RS
All great cars, congrats on the colour, I guess? Hard to up-play coming from an A45 AMG lol. Like the Mazda btw, black on gold works quite well on the mk2. Mk1 for the win, though

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Yes it is. Just like the Citan van is a Kangoo underneath.wg my daughter complained about her CLA breaking down after only 1500 miles Mercedes blamed the Renault engine.Turns out its a platform sharing and running gear sharing exercise.

Evo 5 RS
Yes it is. Just like the Citan van is a Kangoo underneath.wg my daughter complained about her CLA breaking down after only 1500 miles Mercedes blamed the Renault engine.Turns out its a platform sharing and running gear sharing exercise.

Was your daughters A Class a 400bhp 2ltr 4 pot?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
All the amg engines are hand built by merc only the cheapo base model engines are Renault/Nissan. Not that there's anything wrong with those engines anyway.

Clio looks good, defo the best colour to go for. Plans to get back in an Amg once you get your house sorted?

2004 Clio 182
Loving the Merc, shame it had to go though. Absolute dream car for me, but have fun in the Clio!

Renaultsport 200
plan is to move house then either get a C63 6.2 NA performance pack or GTR.
The A45 engine was designed by the guy who's moved to VW that is supposedly developing the R400 golf, it's built in the AMG factory where it's hand assembled, the new C63s is basically two A45 engines bolted together.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
You my friend, are baller spec.
Now pay your £12 for the privilege. :D

Enjoy the Clio mate. Looks really nice.
£600 a month for a car though.. Man, that's my mortgage lol.

RB Clio 182
A lad I work with has a red A45 AMG, we've had some fun in my clio turbo.

A great collection of cars there, I think the clio looks great in liquid yellow.

I suspect you may need to do some tuning to free up some hp coming from your previous cars.

Renaultsport 200
I'm pretty sure I won't tune this car, it handles pretty well out the box so I don't want to ruin it by just chasing numbers. Can't be arsed to pay for things breaking if I do that could be spent on C63 er I mean house fund

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
200 EDC looks good in yellow, id have been tempted to stretch for a Trophy though for the better box and turbo!

£15k depreciation, that makes me feel sick!

Renaultsport 200
Yeah would have had the trophy but needed a new car quick because someone was waiting to pick mine up, couldn't wait for the trophy prices to drop enough for my self appointed budget. Plus I was told it's only available in white?

Renaultsport 200
Ok so had my arse handed to me by a fiesta ST yesterday which was a strange feeling, anyone know if superchips bluefin are any good? Not looking for a tune box vs remap debat as I won't be having the car long and so the ability to install uninstall the map appeals to me plus I'm miles away from the likes of RST

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ok so had my arse handed to me by a fiesta ST yesterday which was a strange feeling, anyone know if superchips bluefin are any good? Not looking for a tune box vs remap debat as I won't be having the car long and so the ability to install uninstall the map appeals to me plus I'm miles away from the likes of RST
No. No no no no. Wouldn't let super chips loose on any car I owned. Rstuning can do remote mapping on the megs etc, may be worth seeing if they can for the 200?

Rstuning leeds BTW, not the Dutch company.

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
I have a second hand rs tuning remote box thats unlocked off my megane r26 i only used it a couple of times , you would have to check with paul at rs tuning if it works with the new clio 200T , would be alot cheaper than a brand new box , you would only have to buy the map off paul

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I've driven the 220 trophy and it was surprisingly nice to drive, but certainly prefer my 172 cup. Afaik, it is available in other colours, but the frost white (matte white) it comes in is 1600 quid on top of the list price, and you can't clean it with a jet wash (not that I would, just what the dealer said).