ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some advice needed

Clio
First of all, this is my first post on here after recently joining the other week and just been searching around and reading and didn't really post anything. So, Hi :)

I just need a few bits of advice from some people as to what I should do.
Basically I currently only a 1.6 16v and have basically started to make it look like a sport.
I'v got front & back bumpers (and wings ofc) skirts.. some 16" alloys that I bought that I'v decided I no longer like (and need a refurb) And an exhaust. It looks ok, I guess.

But what I planned on doing was getting some Turinis on it and maybe a 182 like exhaust on the back. And then a few other bits to it.
What I would like to know is instead of doing all this, should I just sell bumpers etc return it to standard and save up for a 172?
The insurance on a 172 for me would be about 2k =/ Thats the only issue im having.
But yeah others opinions would be good because I really cant decide.

Yeah, unless going for the epic sleeper look (see VickyX et al.). I'd honestly save my money for a true sport!

Clio 197
i agree,save up & get some no claims bonuses

Yeah this really helped me. Even the difference between 1 - 2 years and 2 - 3 years no claims can bring the insurance down a considerable chunk.

Plus genuine sports are much more fun :D. Just bide your time and save to mod the real thing.