ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some c*nt drove into me...

Mini Cooper S
So I was at work, popped into a property for 5 minutes and this is what I was greeted to:

cardamage4.jpg

cardamage3.jpg

cardamage1.jpg

cardamage2.jpg

So despite me being parked fully into the bay and my mirror tucked in, some bellend still managed to scrape my car. Just what I wanted to see on a Tuesday afternoon. I definitely need a new complete mirror, I'm hoping the rest will polish out and I can re-attach the bumper/wing. I guess I'll see how I get on. No point going through insurance and the police are never interested.

I'd say a van has tried to squeeze past. f*****s.

With a bit of polish you might get rid of most of that mate.

Abarth 595
ouch. same happened to me in my Ibiza a few years back. I was in uni and my car was parked up. Some **** in a van scrapped it badly, even his bumper came off. some bird witnessed it and left a note on my windscreen saying she would be happy to write a statement etc. i phoned her and got his reg plate. told the police, they did nothing. useless.

Mini Cooper S
No witness, no note, ironically there is a police centre (not station) opposite, with CCTV pointing in the opposite direction to my car. I once had a hit and run in another car, cab driver drove off - I went through the whole procedure with the police, I even had the guys plate and they said just go through insurance, they weren't interested.

Mini Cooper S
Would my company be liable to pay for the damage or insurance excess? It's my car but was hit during a work appointment. Can anyone advise on this?

53 Clio 172
Not sure regarding the insurance, whats you excess?

When I was young (approx age 8) I opened a car door and it flew with the wind and SLIGHTLY dented another vehicles door. My mum & Dad waited and then gave details to other person involved.

They tried to get the whole car resprayed so we took them to court and won but it makes you wonder how people take the utter piss out of you!

Sorry for ranting on..

SG9 Forester STi
Would my company be liable to pay for the damage or insurance excess? It's my car but was hit during a work appointment. Can anyone advise on this?

Unlikely as it's on a public road. Left at your own risk etc etc*

*Complete guess as I don't actually know (know sod all about insurance lol) but I wouldn't think they'd have any part in a claim. Hope you get it sorted soon though!

S

Ste King 182

Hope u have it insured for beeing drove at work. not just social and communting or whatever they call it lol

M3 CSL, GT4 & SL

Do they pay anything for you to use your car?

Do you have business use listed on your insurance? if yes to the above

Is there an alternative that they provide a car?

Mini Cooper S
I won't be going through insurance. I'm hoping all I have to pay for is a new mirror and I can polish the rest out.

I'm insured for business use and get a contribution towards running costs. They won't provide me with another car.

Da

Less
Nasty! Looks dented below the mirror too :dapprove:

One of the reasons I'm so 'anal' about where I leave my car!

Hope you get it sorted without too much hassle mate!

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Someone did the same to my sisters car. Made a right mess. She needs a new rear quarter so has had to stack up the excess herself.

Could of been worse but still an absolute c*nt.

Hope you sort it easily/cheaply

Mini Cooper S
Nasty! Looks dented below the mirror too :dapprove:

One of the reasons I'm so 'anal' about where I leave my car!

Hope you get it sorted without too much hassle mate!

Just looked at the car under some lighting and you'd be right, even more pissed off now. Didn't even realise the door had been dented in.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Front corner needs a spray & blend across- ~ £200/£250 for a good job

S

Milltek'd clio 182
i was in my car whilst a drugged out of his head man, scrapped past my car whilst i was in it, got out and started beatingmy car, due know what the police said..... never mind its probably a traveller off the site down the road. the car is registered but not to anyone in this area. that was the en of that so had to pay 180 quid to get a pro round to sort it. it is bollucks. you cant have anything nice these days

Mini Cooper S
Cleaned it up with some SRP & tar remover, least it doesn't look too offensive now. I'll bust out the machine on the weekend, fingers crossed most of it will come out.

Gutted for you Elliot mate. As Steve@R has said, definitely going to need a respray. You could do a lot to hide the marks but the corner, bumper/wing needs pulling and a repaint :(

Mini Cooper S
I've managed to pop the bumper/wing back into alignment. A new mirror with colour coded cap has been ordered. To get the car back to how it was, it will need a respray - which can wait. Hopefully I can get a paintless dent removal on the door and polish out that minor scuff. Really has pissed me off, but what can you do.

Let me know if I can help with products/methods bud. Only a PM/thread in the detailing section away.

Mini Cooper S
Appreciate the help mate, I've got some Menz polishes, Sonus spot pads and a Kestrel DAS-6 to attack the job. Will keep the thread updated!

Mini Cooper S
Taking it into the bodyshop today. £400 to spray and repair the mirror, whole front bumper, wing & door. Had another quote of £600, both garages are reccommendations - going with the cheaper one.

Apparently there is a fair bit of work to removing the dent at the top of the door :( Otherwise he would've blown in the scuff for £160. I found a second hand mirror too for £35 which was alright.

Mini Cooper S
The car has been back with me for a good few weeks. Cleaned, polished & sealed on the weekend.
Quick picture:

x99march4.jpg