ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some exhaust information needed for my 182 regarding a custom build please :)

RB 182 + Cup pack
so this morning i went out and the middle pipe had rotted away n just fell of during the night, on further inspection in the garage the full exhaust is dying. Been to a garage today and its going in on Monday for a full custom exhaust build, because a full standard system would cost a fair amount so might aswell. The information i would like to no is, well is there anything i should ask for? i don't want a big loud exhaust but a quite nice tone would be nice and i would like it to be stainless so it will not rust in the future. Is there anything else i should ask for? Anything that will maybe give me a little more power?

RS6 C7
What's this place called? Why not buy a well known , well made of the shelf exhaust. I'm thinking Miltek, Yozza etc. Much better quality than most of these custom places. The systems are usually welded while you wait so they do a s**t job. There are a couple of decent custom places though.

RB 182 + Cup pack
What's this place called? Why not buy a well known , well made of the shelf exhaust. I'm thinking Miltek, Yozza etc. Much better quality than most of these custom places. The systems are usually welded while you wait so they do a s**t job. There are a couple of decent custom places though.

nar its a good place mainly deal in much more expensive high end cars than 182s lol but i have a friend there so managed to get my clio in.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Lol at asking for stainless steel.

If the place is as good as you say then they should be asking you about noise levels and in particular the back box/tail pipe style.

If its a full system you are having a sport cat or new cat? What price are you looking at?

I would personally avoid having an exhaust made up (my own experiences) and buy a well branded, tried and tested unit that you can hear on YouTube first!

Z4 Coupe
so this morning i went out and the middle pipe had rotted away n just fell of during the night, on further inspection in the garage the full exhaust is dying. Been to a garage today and its going in on Monday for a full custom exhaust build, because a full standard system would cost a fair amount so might aswell. The information i would like to no is, well is there anything i should ask for? i don't want a big loud exhaust but a quite nice tone would be nice and i would like it to be stainless so it will not rust in the future. Is there anything else i should ask for? Anything that will maybe give me a little more power?

Sounds brave to me. They haven't asked you any specifications. Such as design, looks, noise etc etc.

RB 182 + Cup pack
Sounds brave to me. They haven't asked you any specifications. Such as design, looks, noise etc etc.

im goin down on monday to sort the design, noise, look and so on out, will then take a few days to build one out and come back to me to see if i like the noise n look n so on. I can get them to use well known parts like milltek and that, just want something that will look nice and not be to loud. and the cat issue i dont no what to do. do i keep standard cat or de-cat it or sports cat? i have no idea whats best to do

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I can get them to use well known parts like milltek and that,

Huh?

If that is a serious comment, I think you might be going into this with your eyes wide shut.

Research first lad.

If your cat isn't knackered, why replace it?! just more money for something that is still debated either way whether it is a performance benefit or not. Just get a cat back system - but don't jump at these guys rustling you one up without using youtube and searching on here for other vendors, noise preferences and prices.

Or just ignore all that and do what you want. I sense a "I'm asking for advice but going to ignore you and put another engine in, thread" TBF.