ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some inspiration please

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
right looks like i will be picking up my valver on saturday ready to give it a new life......as a dirty track **** :evil:

the car is a non runner but it looks as tho it might be immobiliser related as the key fob wont operate the central locking anymore, got williams stickers :S and willy alloys :) , ktec stainless cat back exhaust, full leather interior (out of a baccara maybe? dunno)

basically the list of stuff to buy so far is.....

rollcage - looking at omp 6 point bolt in with door bars
seats - raceland cheapos (have to compromise luxuries like seats for other stuff)
prob raceland harnesses aswell
fk coilovers
some decent pads, standard discs
omp trecento suede steering wheel
going to remove fog lamps and rig up some ducting to aid brake cooling while on track
tyres - prob r888's not decided yet tho
cage, wheels and floorpan and most likely gonna be painted using rattle cans :rolleyes: as this is the most cost effective way i can think of! lol

and if the engine doesnt want to play ball and be my friend, then it will be making way for a 172 lump, tbh even if i can get it running i have a funny feeling it might not last too many track days on 114k!

im gonna say im on a budget hence why choosing certain items above, what im after is a track car that can take some punishment but hasnt had any work done that cant be transferred to another shell should i need to :D

what you guys think, anywhere i could improve without costing me any more moolah? recommendations on pads for track use?

whoops nearly forgot the whole point of this thread, anyone got any pics of track prepped mk1 clios? give me something to drool over til i get mine!

cheers

Last edited:
  1.8 8v RSi
i'd be happy to

Gaz adjustable dampers/springs
Stripped & Painted rear(with halfords large gloss black rattle cans & no primer)
Cobra Monaco buckets
raceland harness
13" R5 GTT alloys (soon to be replaced with lightweight 15" ROTA Group N alloys)
1.gif

Green Induction Kit(soon to be replaced with K&N Apollo)
Powerflow side exit exhaust
Air duct from fog lights to induction kit
Soon to have lightweight 16v front wings
and plastic rear windows in a couple of paydays
it's not a valver but an RSi

Clean2.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

xenon1.jpg

clean3di9.jpg

oh and as for pads...then any fast road pad will do you for track days although i'd suggest upgrading the discs at the same time as track days really dish out punishment on stock items especially if they have already been used... so i've heard anyway...i'm still prepping mine for my first track day...

Last edited:
cheers bud :D

the reason i was sticking with standard discs is that the peugeot boys recommend paying more for pads and sticking with standard discs rather than going mid-range with both discs and pads??

how do you rate the raceland harnesses? and where you getting the plastic rear windows from, or you making your own?

1.8 8v RSi
peugeot don't know renaults thou;) ask k-tech for advise on pads. as for the raceland harness...it does the job just as well as any other 3 point harness...keeps ya nice n tight the windows im getting from a company called plastics4performance
http://www.plastics4performance.co.uk/

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7
Yor windows will look like these then! Paul@ P4P did mine, they do look the part

NJ6Q0771_whatnonegatives.jpg

Good work on the valver, you'll have loads of fun with it!

As for the brakes, i'd go with the quality Brembo standard discs with decent pads, i've had ferodo DS2500 in my road car and couldn't fault them.

The Racecars got standard discs with Carbone Lorraine pads in, they're spot on from cold and so far have been top on track.

Braided hoses and some 5.1 fluid will also make the world of difference!

I wouldn't scrimp and save too much on the safety bits n bobs such as seat and harness, if the harness is cheap make sure it's got a good certification FIA approved etc

Good Luck!

Simon

cheers for the comments simon

just noticed you live in otley, used to live there when i was a kid then moved to harrogate, my brother has moved back to otley so are over there quite often

my dad runs the otley karate centre if you've heard of it?

im assuming by your name that your a frequent visitor to harewood hill climb?

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7
Yeh
I do the Harewood championship so i'm at most events was there...
The Valver would be a good little thing up there, you should have a go when its running!
I live in Burley in Wharfedale now, rest of the family still lives in Otley though...best update the avatar!
Does your Dad have the Scooby then thats always outside the Karate Club??
Simon

yeh thats my dads scooby doo :D

thats his 3rd one now lol got hooked ever since he had his first prodrive tuned type 2000, keeps upgrading to newer ones when they come out

if im at harewood i'll have a look for your car and come over, fancy a nosey round it lol