ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some of the .:32 after a clean up

Porsche Boxster987S
Nothing major on the car yet. So far its simple things like new number plate screws and rear plate holder (awaiting new pressed legal plates) and flapper mod with ghetto golf tee fix. Yesterday i did however order myself FK coilovers :D so ill have those fitted hopefully at some point next week. :) The miltek is still in the house , not fussed on it at the moment cause it sounds so good as standard and even better with the flapper mod now. A lot of people have said stick with the stock system but change the resonator to a smaller one with bigger tips due to the millie being quite boomy..... We'll see. Think the coilys with some stance will change the car completely. Im also looking to buy VMR V710s in the near future but wont fit them till the winter disappears.

Todays task was to sort out the mess of the tailpipes. So a quick trip to halfords after washing it and i bought some autosol with Meguiars metal polish and some wire wool. Also used 3 clean microfibres and some quick detailer. By NO means perfect but im pretty pleased on them so far (work in progress).

6192239223_b1334aac80_z.jpg

6192758344_f5dd5ca9e1_z.jpg

Some before pics of the tailpipes

6192761552_7873aa6524_z.jpg

6192763326_5b49ae7ccd_z.jpg

6192759336_7570a887a7_z.jpg

And some after

6192766344_fb161d17d0_z.jpg

6192769798_c91217d39e_z.jpg

Then a few before the sun went

6192254877_62911a0d7b_z.jpg

6192256083_2c42786cb5_z.jpg

6192257669_c2c3913c93_z.jpg

6192261151_aeb36591e4_z.jpg

6192781378_6b3a37a334_z.jpg

6192266201_8102727cdd_z.jpg

6192787388_1e0f9564f2_z.jpg

6192788868_72b737a879_z.jpg

6192272977_34da38d163_z.jpg

6192793044_3b962590b9_z.jpg

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looks lovely mate. Was next to one today when he gave it a bit, there was a bit of sex-wee...

Looking magic mate. 'kin right about the noise btw, sounded immense that night i was following you and you booted it under the motorway :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks fantastic mate so in proportion compared with the sometimes gainly Gti.

You'll know yourself if the Milltek is worth the change. It will sound different. I always said most Milltek systems are non boomy low down in the revs and come alive once the foot is down.

I have a big soft spot for them! My brother has one and I bought him a non-res Miltek. I love the noise :D

Some of the turbo ones sound epic

[youtube]TqjMWlvlGCs[/youtube]

Haha ;)

Normal driving , 22ish - foot down I've seen 9 before
Your car looks great and I will be interested to see what you think to the Miltek I always wanted to fit one to mine but too late now as I'm selling it tomorrow after owning it from new four years ago :(! It has been the best car we have ever owned not because of anything in particular but as an all rounder it is great! Always been reliable, quick, grippy, comfortable the only thing it hasn't been is economical but you don't buy them to be economical! You will notice running costs apart from petrol are really reasonable we pay £86 at our local VW for oil and filter changes and £90 for Dunlop tyres which are great! I have kept on top of the exhausts since new but a few years ago I masked them up and sprayed the insides with black VHT paint which looked great but only lasted about a year.

PS your not trying hard enough ;) I've had the average MPG down to 5.9 and drained the tank in 35 minutes at Donnington thats with DSG aswell :sDSC_0016.JPGDSC_0011.JPGmpg.jpg

Porsche Boxster987S
Your car looks great and I will be interested to see what you think to the Miltek I always wanted to fit one to mine but too late now as I'm selling it tomorrow after owning it from new four years ago :(! It has been the best car we have ever owned not because of anything in particular but as an all rounder it is great! Always been reliable, quick, grippy, comfortable the only thing it hasn't been is economical but you don't buy them to be economical! You will notice running costs apart from petrol are really reasonable we pay £86 at our local VW for oil and filter changes and £90 for Dunlop tyres which are great! I have kept on top of the exhausts since new but a few years ago I masked them up and sprayed the insides with black VHT paint which looked great but only lasted about a year.

PS your not trying hard enough ;) I've had the average MPG down to 5.9 and drained the tank in 35 minutes at Donnington thats with DSG aswell :sView attachment 64189View attachment 64188View attachment 64187

shame your selling :( looks a great example! Ive had the car since July and apart from the poor fuel economy i cant fault it at all. Its like i had just passed my test in july , always wanting to go out and drive it. Good luck with the next car.

Would love to hear this sometime

Anytime mate? Only ''eating'' meets now iirc :headno:

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Would have to have a decent salary behind you to A) buy one and B) keep it runnning. Very nice though :)

Trophy #490
I love them. How does it compare to your old 225 F1? I imagine the noise is a pretty big improvement!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I have a big soft spot for them! My brother has one and I bought him a non-res Miltek. I love the noise :D

Some of the turbo ones sound epic

[youtube]TqjMWlvlGCs[/youtube]

mate of mine had an r32 turbo. was IMMENSE!"

Porsche Boxster987S
I love them. How does it compare to your old 225 F1? I imagine the noise is a pretty big improvement!
I think its just as quick as the meg but it has a lot more torque. I'd say , believe it or not it handles better. Build quality , interior , all round it's just in a completely different league. The exhaust and general noise ..... Incredible. It sounds nothing like any clips you will hear on YouTube , the noise is unreal and changes depending on what way you go through the gears and revs . It "fills" the space if you get what I mean. Like in a tunnel the noise just seems to travel back through when your out the other end .

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Are the DSG's quicker or slower generally? I had a "to do" with a R32 but was dsg and i was disapointed.