ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some people just dont want to sell their cars

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just rang up a guy about a 182, i had rung him yesterday and got some details already, all i wanted to do was arrange a viewing tonight.

As soon as he answers i say i'm calling about the 182 and i spoke to him yesterday and he just says 'can you call me back, i'm having my tea'

This really annoys me, his car has been up on PH for 2 weeks now and he doesn't seem bothered about selling it, when i'm selling anything, i always put them first, i'll stop what i'm doing to take a call and potentially make a sale.

Well he's lost me now, not buying off someone so ignorant :mad:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Dont think hes being that un-reasonable tbh mate...?

Tea time is a pain in the arse of a time to call people imo, family time etc

Earlier that 4 and later than 6 :eek: imo ofcourse

Nothing at the mo :(
i do agree.. as we as disagree.. it annoy the tits of me when im having my tea and people phone for me.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Lol, what's wrong with him calling you back after his tea? Get a grip.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its tea time, he's feeding his kids, the door bell is ringing, and someone is calling his phone.......

We've all been there!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Well obviously its me, and the way i am.

Just when ive been trying to sell anything for 2 weeks i put the buyer first, no matter what time it is.

He didn't even offer to ring me back, just expected me to call again. Maybe its my loss

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have taken your number and called you back once I'd eaten my tea.

Seems fair.

That would have been ok tbh but he just didn't seem to be bothered with me.

His voice had an attitude of you have to chase me for the car, i'm not going to any effort to sell it.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't have said I was having my tea, just it wasn't convienient and I will call you back.

Nimbus 197
bit like me.. i just brought a 197.. but i love my white campus.. i cant let go of it... lol

It's A Reno
I was in the middle of steak and chips with all the trimmings.
What do you expect ffs. You can ring back now if you like.

clio 172 luna speedl
he's maybe having some bad times and dont really want to sell and has to.

if that happened to me. i'd be the same. (gutted)

M2 Competition
Could title be changed to ;

Some people just dont want to buy cars.

Maybe the chap could have been a bit more courteous, but perhaps you could swallow your pride and ring him back if you want the car? If thats the worst thing thats happened to you in a while, life is rosey.

F56 MINI Cooper S
i do agree with you to be honest. if hes getting a sale of 4,5k then im sure he can put his tea on hold for just one night out of 365, not a big deal is it. it will always heat up lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I admit i was over the top with my reaction, just the way he said it annoyed me.

I shouldn't of said anything, I'm just pissed off from not getting anywhere when i am shopping for cars.

It wouldn't be such a bad thing if this thread got deleted :rasp:

He should have called YOU back, if he's busy and unable to take the call. But at the end of the day lots of people don't have manners, but don't let that stop you getting a good deal on a car.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I admit i was over the top with my reaction, just the way he said it annoyed me.

I shouldn't of said anything, I'm just pissed off from not getting anywhere when i am shopping for cars.

It wouldn't be such a bad thing if this thread got deleted :rasp:

Buy my 172... I promise i'll answer ;)

Clio 172
Diva . . .

Kind of understand how you feel though. He could have said he'd love to speak to you about it but was busy or something along those lines.

Maybe you sound like a dick on the phone?! When I was selling my last car I had some right weirdos phone up asking if they could come round, yes I wanted to sell my car, but I wanted it be painless (for me and them), got some really pushy people "I'm interested, but I have to see it in the next 12hrs" sort of nonsense...can't be dealing with that, I have a life.

When somebody genuine-sounding phoned up and had a chat, I bent over backwards to arrange a viewing etc (they bought it)

LY 200
Dont think hes being that un-reasonable tbh mate...?

He is in the wrong - If he had said he was having his dinner and asked if he could call the chap back after im sure there would've been no problems!

As a salesman myself you have to put the buyer first if you want to be a success....Being keen and positive is half way to a sale when selling anything!

Just do what your doing and look elsewhere mate, plenty about....

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
after my recent experiences trying to buy a car (luckily the guy who bought my car was sound!) I don't want ot ever have to buy second hand again. what a ball ache...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
after my recent experiences trying to buy a car (luckily the guy who bought my car was sound!) I don't want ot ever have to buy second hand again. what a ball ache...
It seems a lot harder now than ever before, since the recession started there seems to be a lot more dodgy cars being sold.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Rofl at this thread.

Seriously, it annoys the f**k out of me when people ring during tea, no matter what time i have it some c**t always has to ring. Your being a bellend by not ringing him back purely because you don't like the fact he was having his tea lol. Whilst he was there talking to you, asking for a number etc his tea's going cold, which will piss him off, then when he rings you back he's not going to be in the best of moods because its your fault his tea's cold therefore he won't want to cut a deal.

Just ring him back or your losing potentially a good car for nothing. I couldn't care less if i was buying a car off the cockiest, most arrogant, gayest person in the world (ok so he died yesterday but you see my point), if its the car i want, in the right condition, at the right price, i'll buy it, at the end of the day, if its a gem, theres not many gems left out there now outside this club. Hell theres not many left inside the club!