ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some pics of my Mk.1 Ph.3 16V

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
Looks mint, I would have painted the alloys white though. That 16v is amazing. Love the interior.

db_Bild_0089.jpg

db_Bild_0098.jpg

I never wanted to clean the wheels anymore, so I used dull black...;)

The front seats of the valver are from a VW new beetle.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
I installed now a modified 57i-tube with a 172 cup air-box.

motor-fertig1.JPG

The batterie is splitted in two 20Ah AGM-Batteries, that are installed each in the left and right rear side sections.

batterie_hinten3.jpg

This is some preliminary work for the 4-2-1 manifold that shall replace the supersprint 4in1.... ;)

4in2in1_k.jpg

Ultra Blue R26
Very nice mate, looks good with the extra black and I like the red lip on the wheels too.

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
you probably know this, is the radiator fan activated by a temp switch like older Renaults or ECU activated?

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
you probably know this, is the radiator fan activated by a temp switch like older Renaults or ECU activated?

When the Fan an the engine were installed in the Laguna, the fan was ECU controlled. When I installed both in my Clio, I decided to use the temperature switch, due to the fact that I have no air-conditioning and the air-conditioning signal is an input in the ECU.

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v

When the Fan an the engine were installed in the Laguna, the fan was ECU controlled. When I installed both in my Clio, I decided to use the temperature switch, due to the fact that I have no air-conditioning and the air-conditioning signal is an input in the ECU.

I see...I guess it is an ECU signal for both the low and hi speed on my clio then....low speed engages at 96*C and hi speed at 103*C...iirc but I've heard the hi speed go maybe twice in 10,000kms ;)

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
What I wanted to do already a year ago, I did yesterday with help of some frieds.
Kicking ass of the old 4in1 Supersprint exhaust-maniflod ...

4in2in1_clio_22.jpg

and replacing it by a 4in2in1....

Thanks to Peter who did all the welding stuff.

4in2in1_clio_9.jpg

The base was also a Supersprint exhaust-manifold, but one that was initially designed for the valver. It was already modified at the flange to the head to used at a F4R conversion, but as the F4R got a turbo, it was free and I could have it. To install it on a K4M lump it was again necessary to weld a new flange to it, because the cylinder-spacing of the K-block is 4mm smaller than of the F-block. I think looks good. As I already replaced the resonance-box by the 57i-hose, there is enough space for the maniflod tubes, that now com out horizontal...

4in2in1_clio_6.jpg

Due to the fact that the K-block is lower that the F-block, the manifold had to be shortened 35mm in hight.

4in2in1_clio_12.jpg

The pitch compensation is now done by a 60mm flex-tube, thats directly welded to the catalyst.

4in2in1_clio_13.jpg

the header was replaced by a 60mm tube...

4in2in1_clio_16.jpg

I think it´s quite O.K., only the the hole for the up-stream O2-senser is left, but we didn´r have the right driller. Will be done tomorrow.

4in2in1_clio_18.jpg

4in2in1_clio_21.jpg

Now after over 8 jears of rattle I have the guideway of my manifold as it suits for a ClioI...

FF RB 182
Cheers for the guide - i'll get it translated and will give me something to do over the next weekend or so :) my cars putting out 70.45bhp with 78lbs of torque with the manifold, de-cat, scorpion exhuast from a Valver and ive run a cold air feed from the front bumper to the airbox. I maybe able to squeeze a little more out of it now :)

Did you ever get it translated? Can sort of guess bits from the pictures, but would be nice to read it in english!

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
dont see many phase 3 engine conversions! I love the latest look, think the bumper suits it quite alot!

Lovely car mate! representing the mk1's!! :D

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Loving the mk2 front bumper! great to see a different mod.

Loving the lack of rust too - some mods are very questionable though ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Not sure about some of those mods. But the car looks in VGC. Like what your doing mechanically aswell ;)

clio 1.6 16v
Wanted to give him a little the look of the LagunaIII....

89142205.jpg

Hei man, loved the work, tough i think you got some issues, you could have one of the best looking clios in here, but you're in my opinion starting to get lost in modifications.
I don't like LED daylight running lamps, i don't like the exaust, i don't like the lateral rib and i think you should only have one distic, the 16v one...;)
Great work tough.;)

clio 1.6 16v
Well men, thats a great engine, needs really litlle work just to go up on the rev band, it haves max power at 5540rpm but it continues to have many strenght and bhp till 7000rpm more or less, thats excelent, but i think it could be better, cause max power comes even sooner then with stock engine, i don't get how did they get the curve like that really, it should have the max power at 6200rpm least, i talk by what i see here in pt.
Although, one thing is max power regime, and another is what you have, you have max power soon, but it dosen't looses much power when rises till 7000rpm...

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
When I did the first rund I couldn´t believe the max power so early at 5500rpm, so we did a second and third run, but ist kept the same. But when I compared the old 2006 measurement with the last weeks, I could see that it was an improvement on the whole rpm range:

leistungsvergleich09.JPG

Nevertheless it spins better up than before.
I there wouldn´t be that f###### ding in the torque curve at 3200 rpm I would have more than 170Nm between 2700 and 5700 rpm. And this is allways my focus, good torque and good drivability over the whole rpm range, as my overall gear ratio in the 5th is pretty long, 1000 rpm are 34,7km/h (21.5 mph).

But you are right there is some potential left at high revs, I plan some changes to the plastik part of the intake manifold, and than a fina adjusting of the ECU on the dyno...

Ph1 172 + Combo van
The wheels/ arches/ stance looks spot on!

DOnt like the stripes, bonnet and fuel cap though.