ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

someone to service my 16v in essex

as i put in my other post about the oil grade to use,

where is there in essex who can service my valver is due its 90k service soon, i know there is bb pt but they are well over an hour away from me in colchester, where as im in romford,

i rang southhill garage (i been recomended them) in laindon hills basildon, who want £125 to do it. as its not a major service

i want them have a good look at the car, as i know its common, but the power steering makes loads of noise !

there are a few 16v & williams in my area, so please there must be some one who can tell me a good garage.

thanks

Paul Mitchell?? He is reading way and not many know more about F7 engined clio then his people. Excuse my Geography but im not sure which side of London Essex is! :oops:

i thought about them, but they are well over an hour away !!them colchester, me romford !!

any other ideas please people

Im looking for the same mate just want someone who knows there stuff to give it a once over,

Is the power steering topped right up mine was low and made loads of noise till i filled it now it dead quite.

yes it is mate,

but it leaks out the hole in top of the cap,i reckon its got air in it .

im still looking for someone decent to give it the once over !!!

I took my Williams to them after a ding.. they arranged immediate towing of the car from my house, and said theyd be on the case straight away.

Once they had the car, it sat outside in their car park for 3 days. Then they decided to take things apart and have a look, and rang me to tell me what was up.

Got over the initial shock (or horror?) of the cost of the repairs, he then told me work wouldnt start for another week. After his initial enthusiasm to get the car there asap, this made me really angry!

A few heated phonecalls later, involving HIM having a go at ME, I told him I was coming with another tow truck to take the car away, could he reassemble it and have it ready please. He wasnt happy!! Didnt have much choice though.

Car went to BBPT, who examined it themselves, and spotted that South Hills diagnosis wasnt exactly accurate.

South Hill had added things that werent broken to my bill, and totally missed the fact that the hub was bent right out of shape!

Eventual cost of fixing and transporting was still cheaper than if Id left the car with South Hill Garage to sort out.

All that said, they couldnt screw up TOO much on just a service, or could they?

thanks for that riplash !!

im still looking though for someone good to look at and service it,

where to the essex ppl go with their fast renos ????

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

They are also renault approved so they can even stamp the service book for new cars and you still have the warranty believe it or not.

^^

next question is, how much will it cost for them do service it (im at work so cant really rin gthem up)

I had a typical, lazy mans service @ BBPT

Oil Filter, Sump Washer and fresh Oil, fitted £40

New Fuel Filter, fitted £25

New Plugs, fitted £23

New Green Filter Element £33 (supplied only)

came to £121 + VAT = £142 total

Obviously will be a bit cheaper if youre got a performance filter, or are just gonna replace with the Renault paper filter. Also might not need your fuel filter done, depends when it was last replaced?

its only a minor service, all i really want them to do is change the oil + check the power steering, everything else was done not so long ago.

i think ill try and ring them from work.