ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony A200

SLK 350
Just bought one of these, anybody else got one?

I bought it after upgrading from my D40, heard good things about the Sony so thought I'd give it a punt.

Biggest plus is the IS, and the motor being in the body instead of needing to buy the expensive AF-S Nikkor lenses. As they work on the A mount I can choose from any of the old Minolta Maxxum/Dynax ranges too which seem to be cheap.

Not took any flix with it yet, but wondered if any other folk have experience with the camera?

Cupra
Have fun! I had a play with a mates A100 and it was a nice camera. He can take cracking shots with it too.

SLK 350
Aye, supposedly a lot of major improvements over the 100. Hoping it'll be a nice camera to work with and learn some more :)

Just looking at a 70-300 Sigma on eBay that I fancy, reviews seem ok given it's going cheaply!

Oil Burner
Nice camera's a shoot a sony a700 quite alot. The built in IS is excellent, allows shots like this: (let me know if you can see it) It was shot at 1/125, could never pull that off with my canon.

268599836_fcDwM-X2.jpg

Get yourself a nice Sigma lense for cheap money compaired to sony/minolta glass and enjoy it.

Oil Burner
Nice camera's a shoot a sony a700 quite alot. The built in IS is excellent, allows shots like this: (let me know if you can see it) It was shot at 1/125, could never pull that off with my canon.

268599836_fcDwM-X2.jpg

Get yourself a nice Sigma lense for cheap money compaired to sony/minolta glass and enjoy it.

SLK 350
Great picture there.

Yeah been loking for a decent tele/zoom lens for not much money so far:

Tamron 70-300 / Meant to be cheapo quality, ok pics at longer length, soft elsewhere.
Sigma 70-300 apo / Great upto 200mm, good quality, heavy, soft at 250-300.
Minolta 70-210 'Beercan' / Meant to be superb, f4 at all lengths, cheapish, hens teeth.

Any other ideas? Budget is £250 tops!

That's one incredibly sharp panning shot for 1/125. What IS mode do you use? On my old Panny I had to switch it off the main mode as it tried to correct horizontal movement (obviously bad when panning) but thankfully it had a "Mode 2" which only corrected vertical movement (which was quite handy for straightforward pans)

Oil Burner
The sonys dont actually feature a panning mode, to my supprise. (that i can find)

Very impressive camera, a little annoyed i didnt go sony fitment instead of canon. But still happy with the 40d.

YHPM ukaskew

D

dick

which panny?

coz the pannys ive used mode 2 only activated the IS when shutter was pressed (or maybe that was mode 1) the other made it work all the time.

only thing that would put me off sony is that crazy prices for fast glass