ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony Ericsson HCB-30 Bluetooth install

S2000

Got one of these to put in ^ but havent got the installation instructions.

Mostly its easy, couple of connectors into the unit and couple of connectors the other end for the stereo but its also got a red and a black wire. Anyone know what these are for? Power and earth? Would have thought it would take those from the stereo connectors?

Help please :D

Cheers

Wayne

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

should have 4 wires

red - main feed
black- earth
blue - mute
yellow- switched feed

he knew what blue was !! yellow is wired into the connector so the red and black were the only other spare wires - so switched or constant for main feed?

oh, re-read your post - yes, red must be constant if yellow is switched - so now he is off to blow up the Veeeeee !!!

stereo change, speakers change, B2 install, bluetooth kit install - oh mi god !!!

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 12 March 2004

should have 4 wires

red - main feed
black- earth
blue - mute
yellow- switched feed
Im currently installing my nokia bluetooth car kit in my Mk 11 172.

Does anyone know where the mute wire connects to the standard head unit?

Is the thickest cable to the cigarette ligter an ignition activated power source (switched feed)?

And wheres the easiest place to access a good main feed?

I dont want to distroy the electronics in the head unit or anything by sticking stuff where it shouldnt go. Thanks guys.

Dave.

[Edited by DaveO on 22 June 2004 at 2:59am]

Cigareete lighter, at least on Mk1s is switched yes..

Just find Head Units mute wire and connect the two.

My car kit was easy, its just ISO connections which I thought was cool.. just plug it in.. and away ya go. Hardest thing I had to do (electrically) was change the fuse holders over.. so it would go off completely when I turned ignition off.. heh.

Thanks. Ive got it all working now except the mute function. How can i tell which is the mute cable, theres like 20 cables coming in and out and theyre all unlabeled. Ive got the standard head unit.