ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sonyericsson Questions and Updates Thread

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ok to make it easier lets have one thread on this from now on.

Ok first off, How do you fix bugs on your Sony Ericsson?

Easy way:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/topic/updateserviceapplication?cc=gb&lc=en

How to use

Double-click on the Update Service icon on the desktop.
When Update Service is launched, the application accesses the Internet to download content that is needed to be able to run the service. This may take several minutes, depending on the Internet connection speed. Choose your preferred language and follow the instructions that appear.

For P900/P910.

If the PC Suite is installed, follow these instructions:
Double-click on Phone Connection Link in the system tray. Un-tick the USB port.
Notes

Install Adobe® Flash Player using Internet Explorer™.
The software updates for the phones are 10-65 MB depending on model, and are downloaded when you run the application.

Follow the instructions and update your phone, most if not all new Sonyericsson's are supported.

If you have a W960i/P990i/P1i or any sonyericsson symbian phone this process requires you to back up first as it will wipe the phone clean

Sometimes you may have the latest software but still have issues, this is because your network or operator has customised the phone with special software.
90% of the time this "special" software causes more issues and makes the phone run slower.

To remove this you need to "De-brand" your phone, this is fairly simple but varies between nokias. Im putting together a guide for this for Symbian UIQ (W960i/P1i) and then later A100/A200 phones. (K800i, K850i etc)

Please use this thread to ask questions on problems/issues with Sonyericsson phones

To obtain software information type >*<<*<* into the handset to bring up the service menu. If you include your firmware version in the post we can help you more effectively. (It should look something like R9J005 or RC10038)

Last edited:
  Trophy 265/500
Re: Sony Ericsson updates and questions thread

Winner - btw, the w960i kicks the sh*t out of the iPhone. It's cheaper and better. Only downside is that I feel a traitor for abandoning my venerable p910i

I've got XS++ on the pc now. Is there somewhere (or someone) I ca get the correct files to flash/de-brand my K850?

Sy

Ps: Also is there files for the K800 so i can ty it on that first?

I've managed to update my k850 (De-Brand) via Davinci. £7.84 well spent.

Sy

Mondeo TXS Bardge.

or topsony.com for the files for £2

M2 Competition

The k850 is sh*t as standard. Massive step back from the k800 i feel :dapprove:

Mondeo TXS Bardge.

i'll pm a link to a guide when i get home from work, it is a piece of dodo, the software is free ware its the files you need which cost.
which phone you wanting to flash.i'm gonna flash my k800 to a k810 this week.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Zero really.

You get track ID (like built in shazam) and obviously better up to date firmware.
Oh and bestpic, but im not sure what that does.

clio 1.4 sport
Hi Guys my girlfriends got a W810i and the software of the phone seems to mess up. It seems to get confused with some of the text messages (i.e last nights messages coming through again from a different sender) Anyway I thought I'd update the firmware to see if that helps. Before I do this I want to back up all the settings, contacts and sms saved on the phone so i can restore them later. Is this possible and if so what software do i need to back up the phone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes, you might lose the texts.

if you are really that worried, theres a "backup" to memory card option in the contacts sub menu.
(for contacts only)

Thought I would use this thread...

when trying to update a K850i, I turn phone off... hold down C and plug in the USB. Phone comes on and goes into data transfer mode... however my problem lies in that the software doesn't do anything? I can be sat there holding down C for 10 mins as instructed and it just does nothing.

Tom?