ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soon to be Cliosport Owner

182 Cup Soon !!!
At the Mo i have a Corsa B 1.2 8v and was planning to do the Usual 2ltr 16v Conversion, After much thought tho i think i will now be buying either a Clio 182 Cup or Trophy.

What are the usual good upgrades to make? maybe Scorpian Exhaust system? good filter??.

Anything Else?? Much help needed please.

Also how do the Clios cope with cars such as Astra Turbo's,Focus ST170's and whats not?

Hi, good choice in car going for the 182.

Upgrades wise, there are plenty about, and im sure people will tell you if something is a good buy or not if you ask about it.

It all depends how much cash you are willing to throw at the car.

As for how they cope against astra turbos, im not sure, as i dont know the spec of them. I'd imagine it would be close, and round a track/twisty roads, i'd imagine the clio would show the astra who is boss.

As for the focus ST170, it will hand it, its arse on a plate. They are good cars, but as we've seen with the latest fiesta ST, they are underpowered.

The new focus ST however will leave the clio standing.

Clio 172 mk2
Welcome to the forum

Go for the Trophy if you can....much better than anything Ford have got to offer at the moment (apart from GT40 replica).

182 still a cracking car and will keep you entertained:D

106 GTi
Welcome to CS, enjoy. Good luck finding the a 182.

From what I understand, simple breathing mods wont gain you much power.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Mk4 Astra Turbo's are 197bhp, 2.0 Litre Turbo. Very quick once moving but heavier than the Clio making it an even contest. Twisties tho, forget about it Astra. ST170, you would piss all over it. They're shockingly s**t.

The Clio Sport makes larger executive rep mobiles look stupid. There is only a handful of cars (in the hot hatch market) that can keep up on the twisties.

Simple breathing mods wont get you much on the 2.0 Litre Clio lump, but speak to AWT or GDI about engine packages.

If you're going for a Clio Sport, they have varying levels of kit. The different model available are:

Mk1 172
Mk2 172 Full Fat
Mk2 172 Cup (blue)
Mk2 172 Cup (Silver with A/C)
Mk2 182 Full Fat
Mk2 182 Full Fat with Cup Packs
Mk2 182 Cup
Mk2 182 Trophy

I have a 182 Full Fat, which is a 182 with leather, climate, xenon's, cruise control, etc, and "Cup Packs" - Better suspension, anthracite wheels, and different (Cup) spoiler. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

Let us know how you get on.

Tyson.

Last edited:
  clio 182 black /gold
W hat a good choice i have changed from a corsa "B" to a 182 not regrets, well only the after sales service.

182 Cup Soon !!!
Will do Tyson, really cant wait But im gona have to wait a few months tho, but then its on. Going to Test drive one this weekend Hopfully. Want any colour but black when i get one.

Main reason for the K-tec system is the sound and that along with the De-cat pipe should be nice.

Well i hope

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^^ Good man. Black in the nicest colour to look at when clean, but it gets dirty far too easy! I chose my Artic Blue 182 becuase i had a black Clio orginally!

Have you ever been in a 172/182? Some difference from a 1.2 8v! I should know, i used to have the Authentique Clio (bog standard)...

Tyson.

MINI JCW
David_Snaresbrook said:
Hi, good choice in car going for the 182.

Upgrades wise, there are plenty about, and im sure people will tell you if something is a good buy or not if you ask about it.

It all depends how much cash you are willing to throw at the car.

As for how they cope against astra turbos, im not sure, as i dont know the spec of them. I'd imagine it would be close, and round a track/twisty roads, i'd imagine the clio would show the astra who is boss.

As for the focus ST170, it will hand it, its arse on a plate. They are good cars, but as we've seen with the latest fiesta ST, they are underpowered.

The new focus ST however will leave the clio standing.

The new ST will leave the clio standing at high speeds 100+, below that there wont be that much in it. the new ST is no faster than the best of the hot hatches out there at the moment

172 Cup
No, it has both. It's the 172 Cup that didn't have ABS.

IMO you'd be pretty mad to get the Cup, you might as well get the full fat with Cup packs since the Cup is only 20kg lighter anyway.

Mondeo STTDCI
Yes. Cup can be bought with C/C as an extra on the later ones.

EDIT: My bad thought he meant 172 Cup!

182 Cup Soon !!!
Well im buying a second hand one so its Basicly whats about ta the time at the right Price.

Do Renult do any after Market kit for them?

The best modification for hp per £ is the manifold reework modification.
Contact Hill power or BenR ists £150 or so.

182, GTR, C63
In my less mature days i played with an astra gsi 197bhp in the cup and there wast nothing in it between roundabouts. I gained a little round the roundabout obviously. If all your after is straight line pace well the astra would be a good tuning possibility with 250-280 bhp without major expense. More possible i recon, but when i was choosing between cup and astra the clio wins everytime.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi Mate,
If your looking for a decent de-cat look at GDI/yozzasport first as they are quite a bit cheaper than K-Tec. Seems to be the case with most products they do aswell. Blueflame do a good exhaust for 250 pound or look at the magnex.
John