ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sorry guys but seems like its going

just been to reno wolves and seen this.....

looks inviting and seems lovely..... took it for a test drive.... dont have the 5 k kick but has a lot more.....

what you think.....

Ad

MK2 FRS
Id shop around for other cars... the meggie is a decent car but there would be others id have above it for the similar money.

BTW, ive had a 225.

i like renault though,,,, was looking for a v6 but aint got any chance of bringing it to work.....

bumpy track and all that......
aint too keen on scoobys. bm's, mercs, and the like..... first refd one ive seen also....
what they like to live with.....

Ad

MK2 FRS
couple of issues for me......

1. they depreciated very badly (although wasnt an issue for me as i made that a benefit)
2. they are very difficult to sell.
3. the build in all honesty is no better than the clio

for me, for similar money, similar style (not sure what that ones up for££) id have a Golf MK5 GTi, Astra VXR, Civic TypeR premier 157 GTA.. or even Focus RS (not ST)

also that one looks looks like a renault UK car, and some of those about dont seem to have been particularly well looked after.

Bear in mind if some one has Px'd it, they will have got 11.5k-12k for it.....!!!

only the honda appels slightly to me but aint gaining anything by it...

wouldn't touch anb import roy really.. been down that track before.... 172 mk1....

resale is shite...... aint gonna be getting rid of it soon anyhows.....

think ill bite the bullet.....

When did you see that 197? I went to renault wolvo yesterday and saw jay hunts car and a blue 182 parked up.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i love em! do it, like you said something different to the scooby brigade!!!!

awsome :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
It is your choice bud, but join the megane site, because for a little more off www.buymeanewcar.co.uk can get you a brand spanker, pre-reg'd uk car.

The MK5 Golf GTi is a million miles better in all respects..... id even have the astra VXR.....

agree the CTR isnt a step up in terms of straightline. but is better in other respects.

(Ive had a 182, Megane 225, CTR, MK4 GTi and Leon CR225) and out of all of them would probably have to the Leon CupraR.....

Dont cry when it breaks and you can shift it for the money you want!!!!;)

n9orme said:
wouldn't touch anb import roy really..

BuyMyNewCar are UK cars dude

All UK supplied with full warranty and our price is on the road with no hidden costs. Please feel free to call 0870 747 7315

I didnt click the thumbnail to preview the big pic so it kinda looked like a 197 at first glance.

:)

Nissan 350Z
No way would I swap a 182 for a Meggy, not under any circumstances. You would be swapping one of the most fun and highly regarded hot hatches of recent years for a one that gets panned repeatedly in the comics for being boring.

If I *had* to have a car that size, as sad as I am to say it, it would probably be the Focus ST, or perhaps the Astra VXR.

At the end of the day, maybe the Meg is slightly quicker, but it surely wont give the same impression of speed as the Clio and almost certainly wont handle as well* or be as fun.

*For anyone who doesnt know what handling means, I dont mean the ability to go around corners quick!!!

EP3 Civic Type R
My mate as a 225, full cup pack all the trimmings etc...

It can go really quite, really smooth, think it's built really well, interior is comfy and looks good, outside they just seem to 'work'- can't put my finger on it, but they look great and it's only running about 235bhp but my christ can it handle and go...

Ad

MK2 FRS
Let me clarify, in terms of performance, it is quite a step up, the engine is superb, the handling, not clio esk, but its decent, particlularly on the cupped versions.

Its just not as good as other medium hot hatches, but if traffic light races are your only interest then the megane will be good choice.

Ad

MK2 FRS
well, put it this way, i have had a few head to head to heads with a 172/182s, it was significantly quicker... also if any kind of incline was present it was quite a bit more quicker....:)

Nissan 350Z
You know as well as I do theres more to driving fun than speed ;)

I still maintain, although it may not be a popular view on this forum in view of the fact there seems to be a mindset of bigger/more expensive = better, that I still wouldnt swap my Clio for a Megane, not now, not ever.

Ad

MK2 FRS
agree totally...... much more importance than striaghline speed and bhp figures....

Would i swap i 182, for a 225??? no, i would look to one of the other options, but for some people it has to be a renault... ive passed through my renault stage.... Mainly because of lack of customer service on renaults part.

Titanium 182 full fa
i popped into my local reno garage today to look at a 197, and they had a very similar 225 cup there in the same colour, didnt like it at all and was priced at 15k, i wouldnt go for it and would look at the other options aswell, agree with adtmits!

MINI JCW
I know the 225 doesnt get the best reviews regarding handling but the facts are that it is just as quick (if not quicker) around a track as a VXR, ST, CTR, LCR. I think the 225 like the ST has turned into a comfortble cruisers rather than a hot hatch and if I decided to move to a car like this I would personal go for the Audi S3.

I disagree with the 225 being signifianctly quicker than the 182 as well, i agree the 225 is slightly quicker but as long as the 182 is driven properly then until silly speeds there no way a 225 would be coming past.

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ Well unfortunately I have tried them out and you can disagree all you want, but in a straighline the megane will get past. I wasnt referring to around a track, and as said, come an incline the meganes power and torque will help it significantly.

I certainly wouldnt describe an S3 as a hothatch, that is more like a comfortable cruiser......

MINI JCW
adtmits said:
I certainly wouldnt describe an S3 as a hothatch, that is more like a comfortable cruiser......

That was my point, I think alot of these cars (meg 225, FST) are classed as hot hatches when they are comfortable cruiser and if I wanted a comfortable cruiser I would get an S3

Whether the meg 225 would get past the 182 depends on how long the road is, but from my experience of 182's and 225 and performance stats I dont think they would overtake a 182 under 100mph.

I know from your experience you feel the 225 is much quicker but there are alot of people who from their own experience will disagree, i guess different days may produce different results

Last edited:
listen I now ive opened a can of worms but im nearly 40 and a clio with recaros aint doing my back any good, along with the constant shaking at high speeds..... and also it might help me keep my license point free.....

along with how many 182's in arctic blue ive seen around. wanted something a little bit ordinary but different.......

cheers for thge comments.... but its gone now...... pick her up on thursday......

BMW Z4 3.0i
gazcaddy said:
but from my experience of 182's and 225 and performance stats I dont think they would overtake a 182 under 100mph.

I know from your experience you feel the 225 is much quicker but there are alot of people who from their own experience will disagree, i guess different days may produce different results

I know you partly aknowledged it, but real-life experience far outweighs any book stats. If the guy has owned both cars I would seriously listen to what he's saying. You've got a point if other people are in the same situation but disagree like you say, but there aren't any that have posted here.

MINI JCW
GazCB said:
I know you partly aknowledged it, but real-life experience far outweighs any book stats. If the guy has owned both cars I would seriously listen to what he's saying. You've got a point if other people are in the same situation but disagree like you say, but there aren't any that have posted here.

pbirkett seems to agree with me, also I have had my own experience of 182 v 225, I was behind a 225 once and it was going nowhere, now Im not saying I was catching but he wasnt getting away.

MINI JCW
n9orme said:
listen I now ive opened a can of worms but im nearly 40 and a clio with recaros aint doing my back any good, along with the constant shaking at high speeds..... and also it might help me keep my license point free.....

along with how many 182's in arctic blue ive seen around. wanted something a little bit ordinary but different.......

cheers for thge comments.... but its gone now...... pick her up on thursday......

Enjoy the new motor mate, I love the colour

I'm envious. As much as I love my 182Cup, I would really like to buy a new Inferno Cupped 225 just now, but I dont have the funds available and wont have for a few months.

Fair play dude and enjoy your car. More soul and style than any VXR or ST :approve:

BMW Z4 3.0i
Roy Munson said:
I would really like to buy a new Inferno Cupped 225 just now,

If it makes you feel any better, even if you had the money to buy one you couldn't as they've stopped taking orders on Inferno. The colour is no more.

Megane R26
I was admiring that very same car earlier today, had a look at the 197 too, but I am defo going with a 182

Did you part ex yours in n9orme? I may just go and buy it ;)

BMW Z4 3.0i
I thought this was old news. Black gold is being replaced by a different black, a less fancy one I think. They're making it available in the 197 red aswell as a grey/silver colour. The blues are staying the same.

Clown Car
I have got to agree with Admits about the depreciation and difficulty in selling them, i got hit hard on my Megane when i chopped it in for the 182, good job i never paid full price for the Megane or it would have been much worse.