ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sorry guys but seems like its going

TheClioLad said:
When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought admoits had posted it becuase he's always changing his car. LOL :D :rasp:

lol .......................at the name ?

Ad

MK2 FRS
gazcaddy said:
but from my experience of 182's and 225 and performance stats I dont think they would overtake a 182 under 100mph.

I know from your experience you feel the 225 is much quicker but there are alot of people who from their own experience will disagree, i guess different days may produce different results

Its not just a case of having owned both. I have 'played' on several occasion in different conditons with Mazs 182, Biffons bridge's 182 and ben_ps 172 (Ackowledge as one of the fastest standard 172s) and the 225 had the edge, and quite a significant edge over the 182s.....

TheClioLad, there will be no more new car threads from me for a while...... i love the VX.

RussZS said:
I was admiring that very same car earlier today, had a look at the 197 too, but I am defo going with a 182

Did you part ex yours in n9orme? I may just go and buy it ;)

yep its gonna be in there thursday afternoon.... no mods bog standard with 9100 miles on it
cup pack and recaros..... probably be up for 11500 ish....

post it if you have it.......

MINI JCW
meggerman said:
theres a 250 break version out soon that should separate between 172/182 in terms of power.

That should be rapid, lets hope it gets the power down better than the Astra VXR

MKIII 138
mazda has fitted a torque bias diff to there fwd 248bhp Mp3 thingy hothatch renault are doing something simular i think although probably a torque limiter in 1st and 2nd inc T/C control adaptation

106 GTi
I have never paid much attention to wanting a Megane until late as the leg room in my Clio is really annoying me. Sat in the Black one at Goodwood and have fallen in love with the full leather reacro pack, and like everything apart from the back end lol. Where as there is nothing that at the moment making me want a 197, apart from better leg room than my 182.

Went into my local dealer to book a test drive in both yesterday but all the staff seemed very ignorant so will try the one up the road.

MINI JCW
Rich said:
Went into my local dealer to book a test drive in both yesterday but all the staff seemed very ignorant so will try the one up the road.

Typical Renault customer service

Ad

MK2 FRS
meggerman said:
drove a 197 today, miles slower than my cup

always gonna be slower with very few miles on the clock and not run in....

i expect a more detailed analysis from you;)

Meg 225 with cup packs.
Admits, you've changed your tune on the Meg. You couldn't get enough of it when you first got it, even though it was the 'soft' uncupped phase one;).

Ad

MK2 FRS
mintblue said:
Admits, you've changed your tune on the Meg. You couldn't get enough of it when you first got it, even though it was the 'soft' uncupped phase one;).

The difference is i paid 10.5k for an 05reg. Its a decent car, but i said when i first got it, i would have taken a CTR premier over it. Also I have highlighted its strengths!!!!

Its just given some of the other options for 15k.... my money wouldnt be in a megane. Also i only learned how difficult they were to sell come getting rid time!!!! I tried to sell mine as the cheapest in the country....... and didnt have a phonecall.....look on meganesport.net at the difficulty peope are having of selling theres...

as i have said i've had it for practical uses.... and i aint gonna be getting rid of it soon....
drive hsrd or drive softly.... not like the 182.... i was getting too close to getting done.... been pulled 4 times in it for blatting down a 30 at 55 but saw them pull out behind me and as i run a buisness in the area ive given the speel of the alarm going off.
Its been like 2:30 to 4:30 in the morning with no traffic around. different cop on all occasions so i think my lucks gonna run out. its only a little station very rural....

anyhow decisions be made and im looking forward to it.....

P.S. been waiting for Jay (west mids rep) to arrange a meet and got bored so will be turning up in the meg if its ever arranged.

thanks for the input all..... wonder if i can get a refund for the cliosport membership and get it transfered to meganesport.....

only joking i aint that tight fisted....... lol lol lol.....

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ lol. you will get bored on megansport.net.... its alittle quiet, but getting better.

enjoy the motor:)

will visit occasionally...... to see what happening and who's saying what.

nice to be part of it while it lasted......

cheers n9orme