ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sould my back box hang like this?

Impreza ra & S14a
Just bought a 172 cup, came with no back box and the end of the center section was rusted away.

Today I fitted a new center pipe and back box, Ive not seen how the back box should sit, but htis appears to be a bit low and wobbly to me?

Also there seems to be a sprung bracket near where the back box and centre pipe join. Is this part of the the exhaust hangging system as currently is only the centre rubber and one on the back box??

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0136.gif

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
2 hangers are all you get. System looks very heavy to do that to a new mount. What is it?

Impreza ra & S14a
2 hangers are all you get. System looks very heavy to do that to a new mount. What is it?

No idea what make it is, I had a choice of two from my local motor factors, this was the better one, pipe work and welds were much better quality, shame about the fitment!

clio 172 phs 1
That rear hanger bracket weld will snap off like mine did.....twice in a year! They have modified the design but yours is still the old design

clio 172 phs 1
Take it back and contact KLARIUS. It looks like a Klarius one,they sorted me out with a strengthened one from their factory as you can see in the email they sent me

Impreza ra & S14a
Take it back and contact KLARIUS. It looks like a Klarius one,they sorted me out with a strengthened one from their factory as you can see in the email they sent me

From memory it did have a K stamped on it, so Im assuming it is a Klarius! Bum!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
hmmm... should of read that before I bought one really. Im in the same boat as you, dont want to spend silly money on a cat back system, I was looking at the KTR stealt one but £350s a joke for some pipe!

Mild steel janspeed stealth is £238.80. Genuine works out at about £360 once you have the joiner clamp. £350 for a stainless system isn't expensive

Impreza ra & S14a
Mild steel janspeed stealth is £238.80. Genuine works out at about £360 once you have the joiner clamp. £350 for a stainless system isn't expensive

Thanks for the info, still lots of money for me at the mo. Although given whats been said, if the worst does happen and the welds break then I'll just be throwing money down the drain.

Impreza ra & S14a
Any one have any info on that other sprung bracket (first pic)? It seems a bit redundant at the mo!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I went to Demon Tweeks and got them to fit a Scorpion cat back stainless system. Not cheap but well worth the extra power it gives.