ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound deadening help!!

Dynamique S 138
How many rolls would i need to cover:

Roof
2 Doors
Boot

Rolls are 100x60 cm :dapprove:

Also consideing doing under the carpet too but its quite a lot to cover

Monaro VXR
And your gonna want 2 or more layers in certain parts to make a decent job of it.

Probably best off buying the second skin bumper pack type thing from CAD its about £130 but should have enough to do a good job of it and do multiple layers. Be thankful you only have a clio try putting the stuff on a citroen C4 coupe think im gonna need 3 rolls per door to get 2 layers on. and do all the little bits around the speakers and the pods etc.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
are you suing dynamat xtreme?

A bulk pack and 2 door packs did mine, but im adding the same again to double up.

I know you like your speed Vinny, and dynamat is REALLY heavy!

J

jamesy

there are much cheaper versions of dynamat available matey also try using expanding foam that works well too;)

Dynamique S 138
I do like my speed but i dont like the rattles and everything else that goes with it, thank god the doors are thicker than a ford KA's lol

expanding foam, like what they use in brick work lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
the cheapest ive manged is an xtreme bulk pack (9 sheets) for £120 posted off ebay.

dont bother with dynamat original its s**t

V6 Exige, GTR R35
i used 2 boxes of dynamat extreme for the boot, doors rear quarter and the floor - same as above £120 a box.....

Sleeeper
Your boot will still rattle with just dynamat or similar... And when you stop one thing rattling something else will start ie boot lock/wiper motor ect.
Get down homebase and get some rockwall sound insulation, break it into small bits and stuff the boot cavity/rear 1/4 panels full, it makes a huge difference.