ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sound deadening help!!

Mégane RS
How many rolls would i need to cover:

Roof
2 Doors
Boot

Rolls are 100x60 cm :dapprove:

Also consideing doing under the carpet too but its quite a lot to cover

Monaro VXR
And your gonna want 2 or more layers in certain parts to make a decent job of it.

Probably best off buying the second skin bumper pack type thing from CAD its about £130 but should have enough to do a good job of it and do multiple layers. Be thankful you only have a clio try putting the stuff on a citroen C4 coupe think im gonna need 3 rolls per door to get 2 layers on. and do all the little bits around the speakers and the pods etc.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
are you suing dynamat xtreme?

A bulk pack and 2 door packs did mine, but im adding the same again to double up.

I know you like your speed Vinny, and dynamat is REALLY heavy!

J

jamesy

there are much cheaper versions of dynamat available matey also try using expanding foam that works well too;)

Mégane RS
I do like my speed but i dont like the rattles and everything else that goes with it, thank god the doors are thicker than a ford KA's lol

expanding foam, like what they use in brick work lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
the cheapest ive manged is an xtreme bulk pack (9 sheets) for £120 posted off ebay.

dont bother with dynamat original its s**t

V6 Exige, GTR R35
i used 2 boxes of dynamat extreme for the boot, doors rear quarter and the floor - same as above £120 a box.....

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Your boot will still rattle with just dynamat or similar... And when you stop one thing rattling something else will start ie boot lock/wiper motor ect.
Get down homebase and get some rockwall sound insulation, break it into small bits and stuff the boot cavity/rear 1/4 panels full, it makes a huge difference.