ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales karting meet - December

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Afternoon chaps! Hope everyone's enjoying the lovely welsh weather?!

As the year's drawing to a close and the roads are getting a tad slippy it's time we headed indoors for a meet.

I've had a look around at karting venues within South Wales and it would seem Supakart in Newport is the cheapest option with the better choice of races.

I propose a "mini endurance race" 10 minuit qualifying session followed by a 30 minuit race - priced at £38 per driver to be held mid December.....question is how many of you would be down for this? Is it to far for some of the South west wales members to travel?

South West Wales was meant to have their own area rep but no one applied, as it stands I'm left covering the largest area of all reps. Meaning sadly I might not be able to cater for everyone all the time. If it's too far for SWW members I'll add a separate meet for you guys post new year!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Yeah i can do it be good to get the race suit out to blow the dust off.
Would be amazing if we could get a big no and ask them to open the outside as well. (I've never known them to open it up in 7/8 years but that's maybe due to lack of people)

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Think i'll have to pop down and take a look to see if there any good, nothing worse than having slow karts .

clio 182 trophy
Think i'll have to pop down and take a look to see if there any good, nothing worse than having slow karts .
Their older ones were quicker than the ones in Cardiff but still not quick really. Opening the outside would be awesome tbh. Never seen it open either and been a fair few times.

Suzuki Jimny
@Jaff. I would pretty much pass the station on the way to the karting so there's another lift option for you sweetcheeks.

Thanks for the tag.
I'm working in Kent Monday to friday so I can only do weekends. So if it's a weekday thing I'm out [emoji20]

I'd be well up for it otherwise. I went there a few months ago when they still had the old karts. The karts were s**t and battered but I still loved it. With new karts it should be well good.

I'd pick someone up from Newport station too if need be.

Hodgins, we can share a lift if you like.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks for the tag.
I'm working in Kent Monday to friday so I can only do weekends. So if it's a weekday thing I'm out [emoji20]

I'd be well up for it otherwise. I went there a few months ago when they still had the old karts. The karts were s**t and battered but I still loved it. With new karts it should be well good.

I'd pick someone up from Newport station too if need be.

Hodgins, we can share a lift if you like.

It'll be a weekend jobby I believe dan, mid week meets are trickier to organise at the moment.

I'm getting hold of my new house next friday. Can't wait. So next 2 or 3 weekends will be busy!
So around 10-17 hopefully things will be a bit quieter and I can sneak off for a kart session [emoji106] [emoji106]

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right lads sorry for the late post but....
£15 deposit will be required for each driver. Which is non transferable and non returnable (supakarts rules not mine)

Looking at booking an afternoon session on Saturday the 13th of December. Will ring them tomorrow afternoon to book and confirm prices etc etc.

@Filters cheers for the heads up. :)
I'm definitely up for this!
I need to check my rota first and I'm not in work again till Saturday (joys of working in IT means silly shifts)
I worked it out on the calendar and I should be off that day. :smile: However if it's possible to give me till Saturday to get you a definitive answer or to find out whether I need to book a day off I'd really appreciate it.

I love karting! :up: If not enough people fancy it we could always just book one of those 'arrive and drive' sessions?

Also for anyone who's not been to Newport recently, they've changed the track - it now goes the opposite way and they've added a chicane upstairs! It's also been tarmacked downstairs and it's ridiculously grippy.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh so you come down the ramp, along the start straight then into the hairpin? Sounds fun/dangerous!

The more fun/dangerous the better me thinks!
There's 6-7 interested so far so we'd need another 2-3 people.

Matt they want the deposit when booking the event so ASAP really.
If everyone's happy it can be paypal'd over to myself and I can get booking.

Oh so you come down the ramp, along the start straight then into the hairpin? Sounds fun/dangerous!
Spot on but there's so much grip you can keep it planted. :tongueout:
It feels a bit more intense compared to the old layout. I was wrecked by the time we were done.

The more fun/dangerous the better me thinks!
There's 6-7 interested so far so we'd need another 2-3 people.
Matt they want the deposit when booking the event so ASAP really.
If everyone's happy it can be paypal'd over to myself and I can get booking.
Give us a shout when you want payment. :)
I'm working tomorrow night now as overtime so I'll check my shift rota then.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Little heads up guys, it's £41 on a Saturday for the mini endurance race.

£6 extra and we can use the outdoor section of the track. All game for that?

Deposits can be sent to eotl.promo@gmail.com preferably sooner rather than later.
Remember to cover the paypal fee.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the tag and taking on the area rep role Filters. Sadly I cannot commit to that date for personal reasons (nothing serious, just prior engagements that I cannot change!)

Suzuki Jimny
Will it still go ahead if we don't get that many people? Don't want to loose my £15 deposit!

Suzuki Jimny
Also for anyone confused by the price change, it's £41 on Saturdays, not he original £38. :)

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Also for anyone confused by the price change, it's £41 on Saturdays, not he original £38. :smile:

Already covered that bit mucka lol, my bad!

And yeah if we don't get enough people we can change it to an "arrive and drive" session or "arrive and race"

No deposits will be lost.