ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Dec 18, 2014] Scotland South Monthly Meet (Glasgow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Seemed like a good turn out, I took a mate with me and then he wasn't wanting to get out the car cause he was in work gear. Defo chat next time

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
How was it then? I can barely move after dinner.
In a word, fattening...

Was a good turnout! Think there was about 17 of us in total, maybe about 10 or 12 cars.

Cheers to everyone for coming along! Pleasantly surprised with the turnout we got for the first one. Now just to find something to do for next months.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Massive thanks to Adam for pulling me out a hole and picking me up, very much appreciated. Nice to meet some guys again. It's been a long time.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok lads, next months meet will be at Xscape Braehead in Glasgow.

We will keep this thread going, and the OP and event details will be updated with any changes on location/time each month.

Best thing to do is subscribe to this if you want to keep on top of what's happening for these monthly meets.

Again, can I ask that the RSVP feature is used, as this will clear after each meet to give everyone a chance to say if they'll be attending the next one.

Cheers guys! :) look forward to seeing you's there.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Date could be better. Monday night = Tony romas - All you can eat ribs.

PS - Id re add people to @ them as I didn't see this thread at all @sburrell93

I considered it but we're trying to keep the monthly ones to the 3rd Thursday of every month. That's what we aimed for anyway. Also there wasn't a lot of responses for the Monday on the poll in the other thread. Can always do it as a separate meet in future!

I'll tag people tonight when I'm home, I did wonder if people would see this or not.

A new thread would have been better imo. I almost never clicked on this as I assumed it was just gonna be chat about the last meet.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Again I did wonder that, but I don't see how a new thread would make things any different apart from having no replies in it. The title will still be exactly the same.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Just means your not constantly editing the same thread and it may get massively off topic and no real conformity.

Plus new meet shows up if people subscribe to the Scotland section for a new thread. Rather than a edited thread which doesn't notify you.

I cba wading through pages of s**t on a browser to find the last post/info regarding it.

Keep it short and sweet.

Tag the regulars in the first post if you really need to.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The forum automatically takes you to the first unread post in the thread though? The OP will be updated each time with all the info on it anyway, so there would be no need to search through previous posts to find out anything about it.

I'm not trying to be awkward, I just genuinely don't see how making a new thread each month is any better than keeping it in one thread and updating it.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@gally @Dannyeff @w33 brl @BREMBO @Gaz_H @Fraser.J. @.Stevo.C. @JezzaMac @Cr51say @Heez @OJD @Kennyneil95 @KyleRS @DotDotCurve @Mal_182 @neil a @MarcR @Michaelfoz @Shocker @CallyTeee

Apologies if I've tagged anyone who have already said they wont make weekly meets or that, I just tagged everyone who's responded in this thread already.

Plan here is to use the same thread for these monthly meets and see how it goes. The OP will be updated regularly, with the most up to date information, as will the date/location details in the thread title.

They will pretty much always be on the 3rd Thursday of the month though, which makes it easier for everyone to keep track of.

Lol, takes you to the last post yet you have to rake back to the first page to find out info then rake back to the last post which after it gets past a few pages you need to load a few at a time as all the pages are't available in the numbers at the bottom. Excellent.

It's just a pain in the arse.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
This Topic Locked & Made A Sticky
After Next Meet Lock & Made A Sticky
After The Next Again One Lock It & Make A Sticky

No point in having one topic for it and at least we can archive them

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I will be at the next one and am be early this time @MarcR next one u fancy looking at my suspension think it needs refurbed. Seems quite bouncy

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol, takes you to the last post yet you have to rake back to the first page to find out info then rake back to the last post which after it gets past a few pages you need to load a few at a time as all the pages are't available in the numbers at the bottom. Excellent.

It's just a pain in the arse.

I can write the most recent updates in a post every month and tag you in it if that's easier for you? ;) lol

This Topic Locked & Made A Sticky
After Next Meet Lock & Made A Sticky
After The Next Again One Lock It & Make A Sticky

No point in having one topic for it and at least we can archive them

That's a fair idea, but the thing is these meets aren't designed to be the main big ones, but doing that makes it seem that way. They're just a monthly get-together for new and old members to meet up and keep in contact. Making repeated threads will just clog up the Scottish section and make it harder to find the bigger, less regular meets IMO.

I will defo be at this one. Remember xcape can be busy

Yeah, Christmas time wont help either! Lots of parking though, so we'll hopefully be alright if we fire away down into a corner somewhere lol.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
That's a fair idea, but the thing is these meets aren't designed to be the main big ones, but doing that makes it seem that way. They're just a monthly get-together for new and old members to meet up and keep in contact. Making repeated threads will just clog up the Scottish section and make it harder to find the bigger, less regular meets IMO.

Not really as if you only keep the last three meets in the sticky section and locked it means you can look back the last three months and also delete the older ones a month at a time.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Not really as if you only keep the last three meets in the sticky section and locked it means you can look back the last three months and also delete the older ones a month at a time.
Fair play actually, that's a good point. I'll keep it in mind for January's meet. I obviously don't want to start organising these in a way that no one is going to find them, but if the threads are going to get stickied, then surely it's just as simple to have this one thread in the sticky section and use that each month.

But having to wade through pages to find the current chat is a ball ache.

After a few pages the numbers at the bottom start skipping a few then if you hit mark all read then it won't take you to the last post.

Ya dig?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
There's always a first and last page button no matter how many pages there are though? There's also a little arrow appears if there's loads of page numbers that lets you scroll the numbers to select a particular page.

If this was on the old forum this would probably just be a locked thread stickied at the top of the regional section with the info I have in the OP, where people could just turn up to a meet that would be in the same location and at the same time each month. It's only being done this way to make use of the new event feature, and locations are only changing as we figured it was better to have one monthly meet for the whole Scotland south region rather than have one in the west and one in the east.

Ritch_Kid26

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Just 10mins down the road for me, hopefully I can make it, don't know if I'll be working, but as it stands I'm going :smile:

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Do you not think decathlon would be better to go to? Big car park and am guessing most people wont Christmas shop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.