ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Dec 18, 2014] Scotland South Monthly Meet (Glasgow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritch_Kid26

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Anyone went to tonight's meet in a blue 172 with yellow wheels? From the murray in East Kilbride ?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers to everyone that came along tonight! Wasn't exactly busy but good to meet folk all the same. I'm glad to be home and warm again though lol!

Anyone went to tonight's meet in a blue 172 with yellow wheels? From the murray in East Kilbride ?
Nah, no blue and yellow 172's to be seen!
Sorry guys forgot all about this one, was working late then came home and just crashed out. How did it go?
No worries, I do the exact same most days after work lol so I can't blame you. Was pretty decent, although it was f**king cold! Need to get some proper indoor plans for the next one rather than standing about outside.

Thread title says meet next month.

On this page we have people asking about stuff from the first meet and also chat about last nights meet but no chat about the next meet...

You click on the thread and the first page is people saying they're all going and chatting about the first meet from last month yet the thread is no longer about that meet, noobs/others might not realise they need to wade through 5 pages to find the most recent chat. The first post still describes a meet at xscape and hasn't been updated since Nov 13th.

All other sub forums start a new thread for a new meet. This one thread thing is just getting messy.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, I've changed the location because the next one wont be in Glasgow. I don't have a location yet, hence TBC. The date updates automatically, but I changed the location myself when I realised it still said Glasgow. I haven't got round to updating the first post yet.

I've not seen any of the other regional sections using separate threads for the monthly meets.

These meets aren't meant to take over the bigger ones throughout the year with things like karting and that. They're just meant to be a monthly thing where folk can get together and have a chat, hence why I've been so reluctant to start new threads for each one, it'll just fill the sub forum up with threads titled "Scotland south monthly meet" and just a different date and location. It'll look s**t. It'll mean wading through a ton of old threads to find previous meets, unless it gets mod input and each of the previous ones are deleted/archived.

Quite frankly though I can't be bothered arguing about this any more, so I'll create a new thread to keep you happy.

Take a quick look, they're all using separate threads.

As for the biggies...make them a sticky and tag the usual suspects?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I had a quick look earlier but didn't see anything that was specifically 'monthly' as such. But I can see what you're saying now.

The issue isn't really when the meets are up and coming, if people are chatting about it then it'll always stay near the top and be visible. It's more for when they've passed and will be pushed down the sub forum by the monthly ones. Makes it harder to look back and see what's been going on. May well be easier to keep the monthly ones stickied in that case though. Keep them up out the way.

Will work something out. These event threads are new to all of us to be fair, I just fancied trying to keep it in one thread since always holding them on the 3rd Thursday each month makes them easy to remember and then the thread would really just serve as a placeholder and somewhere to put info for any new members.

Status
Not open for further replies.