ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales Photography meet?

172 Flamer
Nah, we should arrange it for when everyone who wants to come is available. Plus, your the pro we need advice from :D

2.2 bar shed.
You sure mate?

I'm a maybe then depending on dates. :approve:

Yeah thats fine, as long as you're prepared to put up with chronic rattles and a loud ass exhaust :dead: Anyone got any further suggestions on dates?

Fiesta ST-3
Bump on this.

Was talking to Dan on the w/e. We really need to get a date pencilled down so we can work towards it.

Scott.

I'm in the country for a couple of weeks, but I'm in Anglesey from Thursday evening until Saturday. Apart from then, I can do anytime (as long as I can borrow my Dad's car!)

proton compact 1.3 GLi
well i was there earlier this evening and the sun was setting in almost the perfect place, and the tide was fully in by the sun set, as long as the weather holds up on the day everyonw should get some amazing shots!

my attempts from tonight (ive got alot of learning left to do)

6003429991_36ce4a5831.jpg

DSC_0096 by ken.leigh, on Flickr

6003429715_d8636c2daa.jpg

DSC_0092 by ken.leigh, on Flickr

6003429453_284db40458.jpg

DSC_0089 by ken.leigh, on Flickr

6003974656_1e1011e2b3.jpg

DSC_0088 by ken.leigh, on Flickr

6003428541_bc9711da2f.jpg

DSC_0087 by ken.leigh, on Flickr

6003973266_22ac2e4052.jpg

DSC_0080_01 by ken.leigh, on Flickr

6003971432_f7e09ed1e8.jpg

DSC_0075 by ken.leigh, on Flickr

6003425249_56f780e527.jpg

DSC_0023 by ken.leigh, on Flickr

6003424429_3166768771.jpg

DSC_0019 by ken.leigh, on Flickr

6003423787_e046245cac.jpg

DSC_0008 by ken.leigh, on Flickr

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I am in on this and I am up for lift sharing as I am from Aldershot!

1. Dan Freeman
2. Scott Thomas
3. Andy Chapman (Chapppers11)
4. ken
5. Gareth
6. Sam
7. James Gregory
8. Matt

2.2 bar shed.
I need to pay Will some wedge for track time at the action day, looking at my finances theres 0 chance I can afford it tbh. :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I had the chance to go down to Wales this weekend with my mother who's visiting relatives, wish i had now :(

172 Flamer
Yep, Im up for this. Have been waiting for my 10 stop ND filer to come, was hoping it would come today, unfortunately not. But, definitely will meet you down there. Sounds good.

Fiesta ST-3
Here in South West which is about 2 hours away from your location its perfect sunset conditions. Sunny with white fluffy clouds.

Well I won't be around for the next two weekends, so I best get my ass in gear.

If anyone is around, I'll be at the car park right near the bay at 7.30-7.45pm ish.

I'll be in a silver Audi A4 estate.

It's high tide at around 8pm, so it will be on it's way out by sunset, but it will still be high.

Both times I've been there before it was low tide, so at least it'll be different.

172 Flamer
Just got back from Southerndown/Dunraven bay. Sure Dan will agree, it was really hard to get a decent chance to get anything special without the spray from the waves getting all over the lense/filters. Had a quick look through the shots and it seems there are only a few 'keepers'. This is probably my best from the lot.

6042590997_ff26c32205_z.jpg

Dunraven Bay by g.simmons, on Flickr

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

Gareth.

Nice shot Gareth. Haven't looked through mine yet, I'll leave that for tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath for ay decent ones :(

Lesson learnt = go at low tide!

172 Flamer
Thank you, Dan. Like I said, I really wish my 10 stop filter had come in time. Although, that just gives me an excuse to go down again when it does arrive. Just another quick one, not sure if it is too blown out in the wave in the bottom?

6043310168_a9aa4263bc_z.jpg

Crashing Waves by g.simmons, on Flickr

Holy thread resurrection!

I went to Dunraven today, 2 hour drive, spent 3 hours scouting out some ace spots, finalised filters, composition everything and just waiting for sunset. Weather all afternoon was stunning, literally 15 minutes before sunset from absolutely no where and I mean no where white fog rolled in and within minutes I could barely see a few metres in front of me!!!

To say I've been robbed is putting it lightly!!

A KFC bargain bucket did take the edge of my disappointment!

Fiesta ST-3
Yes Drew does some stunning landscape shots, often with a canon 17-40L.

Yea I've just messaged them (not sure if m or f) to see if I can pop along next time. Pretty much every landscape by them is taken with a 17-40L.

Ultra Red Megane 175
Drew really is a fantastic landscape and wildlife tog, often have a nose around his site to get me off my arse and do some landscape stuff.

Yea I've just messaged them (not sure if m or f) to see if I can pop along next time. Pretty much every landscape by them is taken with a 17-40L.

Drew is male btw Scott!

Fiesta ST-3
Tbh mate there really is no right or wrong time. I say that because the county is surrounded 3 sides by water so the sunset just moves it's point on the horizon. But you don't really want to be going in the summer as it gets busy with tourists.