ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacer behind rear disc?

Clio 172 cup/Audi A5
After fitting a set on new rear discs and bearings, I noticed the o/s rear side had a washer or spacer behind it which I left on which I presume it's supposed to be there? But the n/s one never had one? Should both sides have them & if so does anyone have any or where can I get one from?

cheers

PH2 Flamer
Yeah both sides should have one.

The other one is probably stuck to your old disc. If not order one. Takes the pressure off the wheel bearing. Without them, they won't last long.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its a thrush washer, it goes on a certain way.

I found this out the hard way and a four day wait from Renault whilst they ordered it from France :eek:

Clio 172 cup/Audi A5
Thanks for the info guys much apriciated. Defiantly wasn't stuck on the old bearing as I had a good look over everything to make sure

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yep, still catching people out these little buggers.

Flat side towards the bearings.

Also retorque the hub nut to 175nm, both these things are vital to the life of the bearings.

Keep these in stock now too

172 PH2
The part number for the spacer is 6000073518. They are about £7.
...snip...
Here's a guide to fitting them http://www.cliosport.net/content/guides/fubar/rear_discs.pdf

My nsr has got through 3 bearings in 12 months and now I'm wondering if the spacer wasn't replaced by the guy who last did my disks. I had a look at the guide you linked here but it doesn't even mention the spacer, unless I'm being thick (quite possible).

Am I missing the point?

Is it possible to check for the spacer's existence without removing the disk completely?

Ta!

172 PH2
Take a photo of the rear hub nut and post it up.

osrwheelnut_shr.jpg

Not sure what I should be looking for, hope you can see it :)

Thanks!