ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers on a 182/Sportlines/205-45s?

182 FF, A6 Avant
Tempted to space my wheels out a bit.

To work out what can be put on without scrubbing I'm after some help. It seems from a search that 15mm on the rear is fine, but on the front, some people fit 25mm, some drop this down to 20mm? Which of these will fit with no rubbing?

Any pics of 182s on standard wheels that are spaced out a bit?

(s)Low Dynamique
This doesn't answer your question as such, but I have a non-sport with 195/40 r16s spaced out 25mm all round, lowered around 70mm on coilovers and it drives sweet without any rubbing and the wheels are all legal within the arches :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
For reference, my tyres catch on the rear arch lip with 15mm spacers and hard cornering.

Coilovers with 205/45s on standard rims.

I can either replace with 10mm spacers (but can't get hub-centric) or roll the arch lips.

Fronts are 15mm too and they're fine. They do catch on full lock but then they did without the spacers on too.

182 FF, A6 Avant
Hi Scutch, I was going to PM you actually, I'd seen you had put a lot of effort into working out sizes!

Did you go with 15mm all round then?
What ones did you buy?
If you were buying them now, knowing what you now know, what would you buy?

Cheers bozo. Love those brakes!

Mental 172 Cup
I had 5mm on my 182 and that was quite low on coilovers and standard wheels and they scrubbed if I had weight in the back.. Swear every car is different. I'll try find a pic..

Mental 172 Cup
DSC_3874.jpg

that was 5mm FK spacers on the rear.