ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers worth it or not

Clio 182 sport
Just for looks ..will be doing a track day sometime this year but really just wanted to fill the arches a bit but after reading some of the horror stories on here about the failing had second thoughts any advice would be most appreciated

Clio 182 sport
I bet that more people have them and haven't had issues over those that have.

I'd say go for it. I have and I never had a issue. I'd do it again too.
As always Mr J ill take your advice methinks ..had read up on your past posts to other peeps just wanted to know you still think they are a good idea now ..so we talking 20mm on the front and 15 on the back that way i keep it oem ;) ... is that 20mm on both front wheels and not 10mm on each before i go and do another dumbassed thing to my beast

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
As much as they look great id never do it. There's just extra stress on everything which puts me off. Same with lowering springs. The ride comfort is compromised but it does look great. Just depends what you're after. I'm after a drivers car with some comfort as opposed to a harsh ride and potential suspension issues associated with spacers

I would never do it either, not worth the worry for me. Although plenty of people do with no issues.

If you're going to do it, get the best ones you can buy, H&R Trak+ I think they're called, they come with steel threaded inserts. Don't get any cheap s**t.

I have a 5mm spacer on the front with studs. Which means the wheel can still sit on the standard hub lip.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
They have been used on cars for years, all things on cars fail its just your luck, just make sure they are hubcentrics and check there tight every time you check your fluids and tyre pressures.
I wouldn't say bolt to hub are any better they have twice as many bolts to fail, on standard wheels you neednat least 20mm on front imo still not done my rears
Many people use the shims for reads but since the mad don't reply I not been able to get them

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I ran some H&R Trak+ spacers on my A3 previous to my 182 for around a year and a half and had no issues what so ever and an A3 is a bit heavier than a Clio.