ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sparco R100 recliners

182 Trophy
Just wondering whether anyone has any experience with the Sparco R100 reclining bucket seat, either in a Mk2 Clio or something else? They look to offer a good compromise between support, comfort, price and practicality. Sparco also do direct fitment frames/sliders for the Mk2 Clio.

Comparisons with the Recaro Trendline/CS Sportster/Pole Position also welcome, although appreciate those are much higher-end seats.

Any feedback welcome!!

31fcfb3f722aaf2bd7fe706702b21b31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

182 Trophy
Currently £660 for a pair from sportseats4u (GSM) including sliders and direct fitment base mounts. They've just reduced the prices to do a price-match with a competitor [emoji106]

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
If you can get up to Nottingham they normally have the R100 in stock, so can try them out in store before buying. Best to arrange a time with them though, as if they've already got a customer walking around they might not let you in.

I sat in them briefly in store and didn't find them very comfy to be honest, but i don't recall why... I probably tried about 20 different seats, before ordering some corbeau clubsports (which they didn't have in store so i never tried them - for the record I found them pretty comfy for the limited amount of padding).

I've now got a set of Evo 6 Recaro Trendlines with Jon Foz lower mounts to drop them down a little lower. This setup cost me a little under £600.

182 Trophy
Thanks for the feedback, that's really helpful.

Mine's a Trophy with the standard Trendlines but I don't like the driving position much and find it difficult to rest my head back on the seat back. Will keep looking at options...

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I can't imagine the sparco's being much different to be honest.

I definitely found the driving position better with the clubsports, but had the X-low subframes from Jon Foz again. These are about as low as you can go really. The recaro lowering frames are about 30-40mm lower than standard. I reckon I was at least that again with the clubsports without rails.

If you don't need access to the rear seats buckets may be a better option. With the x-low frames.

I might change again at some point, as I really liked the Mirco RTS seats, when I tried them out last time, but couldn't afford them when I was looking for seats previously.

I don't understand how anyone finds those sort of seats comfortable - it's just a straight bit in the lower spine area, which is not the shape of anyone's spine!

Check out the Racetech stuff - proper lower back support, supremely comfortable when I tried it, and I believe they supply (or did supply) the BTCC race series. The RT1000 is on my want list!

182 Trophy
Will definitely take a look!

Another forum member has confirmed that the Trophy seat mount and sliders will accept any of the Recaro supplied base mount seats without modification. I'm going to have a look at the Speed seat next, as a friend has them and they're supremely comfortable/supportive!

They're available with nice red double-stitching and logo too:

676c3845cdb382c89febdae3e87b5fcd.gif