ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sparco R100 seat fitting

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Hello all, I recently test fitted one of my Sparco R100 sports seats to my Clio 172 cup but when fitted, it sits about an inch higher than the standard seat, when I was hoping it would be lower or at least the same as I want a better driving position in the car (photo attached). I'm running universal sliders with the direct fit Sparco subframes (https://bit.ly/3imYuFJ) that are designed the 172 model, but I'm not happy with how high they sit. Has anyone here fitted these seats to their 172? I would like to know if their are any better mounting options, other than getting some custom frames made that sit lower down. Cheers, Ben

Attachments

• IMG_5561 2.JPG
    IMG_5561 2.JPG
    574.4 KB · Views: 313

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I made a custom set for a customer who fitted these seats

They bolted up to the original Clio runners

if you already have the runners etc now you could bolt your current set up onto my VBD Clio X-Low subframes

send me some pics of your current set up including the subframe etc

Jon

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Hello all, I recently test fitted one of my Sparco R100 sports seats to my Clio 172 cup but when fitted, it sits about an inch higher than the standard seat, when I was hoping it would be lower or at least the same as I want a better driving position in the car (photo attached). I'm running universal sliders with the direct fit Sparco subframes (https://bit.ly/3imYuFJ) that are designed the 172 model, but I'm not happy with how high they sit. Has anyone here fitted these seats to their 172? I would like to know if their are any better mounting options, other than getting some custom frames made that sit lower down. Cheers, Ben

Let’s hope Jon can sort you out otherwise you’ll be needing a sunroof as your next mod! 😂