ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spare keys

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
In need of a spare key for the clio. Only got 1 when i bought it.
Renault want £105 for a key then a further £65 to code it. Any one know of a cheaper route to get this done?

there isnt a cheaper route.

the keys come pre-programmed for your car from France. I paid £120 for a key in my old old 1.4 16v

172 Race Car
Go to a local key cutting shop and ask if they can 'clone' your current key. They can copy the immobiliser chip onto a blank. should cost around 30quid but wont have the remote part on it but will unlock and start the car tho.

Its ok if you just want a spare for emergencies

indeed... as The Burp said, its only the remote locking that comes pre-programmed from France. They program the immobiliser when the key gets to the Uk, which you have been quoted £65 for.

Clio 172 Cup
Yup its unfortunately the only way to get another key fella.

I thought i was in the same boat when i couldn't find my spare last month....fortunately i put it somewhere safe (which you can never rememer where exactly it is)

Mk3 Clio
my company does spare keys cheaper than the dealers we usually supply cut and programme them for £130 we also can do the renault keycards

but where based in glasgow which is a bummer :p

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
The plip that comes from france comes blank. It then gets programmed by renault for 44£ I bought the key blank from a forum user still in its original packaging and its not coded or anything until it gets to the uk dealership.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I paid about £70 for the key fob, got the blade cut elsewhere and about £50 for programming it, so £120 total.

I rang around my local 10 dealers (as I always would do now) as their price range is ridiculous, even if they're close to eachother. Some wanted £180 for the exact same thing!

Mk3 Clio
anno its shocking

i done a 07 plate toyota auris recently and the dealer was charging the guy £1800 cause they have to change ecu and control units ..

we done it for £350 and that was with a remote key haha

dealers are ripp offs with most keyss

Mk3 Clio
Based in clydebank but were usually out and about in a big van we do it there and then at the car .

cilo 172 2001
Got a spare key for £6 and a blank blade for £4 from ebay, got it cut locally so i've got a spare for the door locks at least, just looking for somewhere to clone my key and i'll be fully working for hopefully about £50!

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Got a spare key for £6 and a blank blade for £4 from ebay, got it cut locally so i've got a spare for the door locks at least, just looking for somewhere to clone my key and i'll be fully working for hopefully about £50!
got any links to the bits you got? cant find much on ebay. thanks