ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare wheels....

clio 182
why the hell dont they put them in the 182's!:mad:

got a blow out today and was left for an hour sitting waiting for someone to come with a spare for me!!

dam french........

rant over! :(

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I have one in the boot of my 182, would never drive on a Motorway or do a decent length journey with out one.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The only problem is the Renault Jacks are completely useless, so make changing the wheel a challenge anyhow .

Megane 225 F1
The only problem is the Renault Jacks are completely useless, so make changing the wheel a challenge anyhow .

I just used mine to raise the car up so i can fit my splitter. I didnt find it a problem at all. I used to though. Maybe i just got used to using it lol.

You have also just reminded me that i planned on taking my rear wheel out to save that weight :cool: However thinking about it now, it will raise my car up :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I just used mine to raise the car up so i can fit my splitter. I didnt find it a problem at all. I used to though. Maybe i just got used to using it lol.

You have also just reminded me that i planned on taking my rear wheel out to save that weight :cool: However thinking about it now, it will raise my car up :(

What lol they are complete w**k!!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I have one in the boot of my 182, would never drive on a Motorway or do a decent length journey with out one.

same here except 172, even though i'm stripped out - i'll still carry one for peace of mind.

can imagine it being rather annoying getting a puncture and not having a spare to swap straight over too.

Iceberg 172
I have a spare Turini in the boot!

Sod tyre weld... Doesn't it f**k the wheel up most of the time as well??? You may use it for a punture which could just be plugged for like £20 and save thay as the spare.

'04 182
Done a search, but can't find a positive answer. Is there a space saver that will fit a 182. it doesn't have to be a full spare, so to save space in the boot, just something to get me home ? There's no way I want to be waiting over an hour to be recovered. More piece of mind than anything.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Mine had a brand new Turini in the boot!

I now carry a 15 inch steelie around......but its useless as i don't have a jack as the 172 one is made of cheese.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I took mine out when I stripped the car, I changed my wheels at the same time so don't have a 5th, was meant to look for a steelie but forgot. Want a spacesaver but don't know if they fit over the brakes.

But now I use my footwell as my boot with the carpet as a cover.

Mine had a brand new Turini in the boot!

I now carry a 15 inch steelie around......but its useless as i don't have a jack as the 172 one is made of cheese.

So how are you going to change it Crouchy?*

* I had actually been thinking of doing this without carrying the jack or brace, so would have been just as useless.