ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark plugs changed now idle is all over the place :-s

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Just changed the plugs but when I switched the engine on idle hits 2000 rpm then slowly settles down to about 1200rpm after about 30 seconds. It used to be a stable 900-950rpm. Driving it around it seems absolutely fine it's just the idle that's mental. Have checked the wires that were removed to take off the plenum and they're connected up, leads all connected up correctly. Should there be a gasket between the plenum and the lower inlet as there wasn't one there? Also made sure the rubber seal on the plenum was ok and seated correctly, any ideas?

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Try just tightening the bolts on the inlet, you have prob left a couple slightly loose, i forgot to pinch up the two by the coil pack and it caused the above problems.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Did you change them for NGK PFR6E-10 plugs? as some people have tried other plugs and its messed up the idle.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...182-spark-plug-change-a-helpful-picture-guide.

Part of this guide "A very important must when doing these plugs is that you use the NGK PFR6E-10 plugs, the reason I had to do mine was because I let an independent garage do my plugs without thinking and as a result they used bosche super plus plugs and I had trouble with them, they made my idle speed very unstable and cold starts were much worse than before, also my engine management light came on so please take this as a warning and use the right plugs!"