ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark plugs for 1.2 16V

RB 182
My car broke down today so I had to get the RAC out :( He changed the ignition coils (even though they were only changed a couple of months ago) and said that I needed to get some new spark plugs ASAP or it could screw up the ignition coils again. Just wondering which are the best ones to get?

Searched on Halfords and it comes up with either Bosch 510 Super 4 spark plugs or Bosch +8 Super Plus spark plugs. Had a quick look on euro car parts and they have Bosch or NGK ones?

172/1.2/E30
Your nearest Renault dealer can get you the right ones. They are not that expensive, but you need a special spark plug nut (14mm). You also may ask Wests Renault here, he´ll be able to sort you out.

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
in a 1.2 16v use only champion plugs!

to change then you need a 14mm deep socket, extension and a magnet!

RB 182
Thanks guys. When I put my numberplate into euro car parts it comes up with these
http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/408745050/p/car-parts

but then it says it will only fit 2000 and 2001 clios and mines a 2002. I've got the spark plug socket and stuff just need to get the spark plugs now but need to try and get them from somewhere where I don't need to order them in because we need to do the service tomorrow morning.

ITB'd MK1
in a 1.2 16v use only champion plugs!

I wouldn't use champion plugs in anything at all ever to be completely honest. NGK or nothing as far as i'm concerned.

go to another motor factor, halfords are pretty useless if you need to find info and can't tell them exactly what you want

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
I know this is a old topic but thought it would be better to comment here rather than open a new thread..

I need to change spark plugs on my clio 1.2 16v, but im not sure which are the right plugs?
Its a 2005, 05 plate, when im searching for plugs some come up as 01-05 and then 01-07 and they have different codes and engine numbers, how do i find the right ones for mine?

Last edited: