ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sparkrite Alarms

Thought it was time to get an alarm as a nice sound system is bein installed. I didnt want to fork out £200+ on an alarm because after all its jus makes a noise and doesnt stop people actually driving off with the car. I looked up an alarm which gave me central locking control, shock sensor, interior light sensor and pressure switches for the doors, boot and bonnet and found the Sparkrite alarms which although aint that expensive it gave me all of the above.

Has anyone had experiences with these alarms including fitting as well

Skoda Fabia vRS

if your gettin a nice sound system, fit a proper alarm

to be honest mate with a car that looks like yours does with your bodywork, a good alarm is a must, it jus screams out for attention.......

as in most things in life, u get what u pay 4! go 4 the best alarm u can buy,it will be worth it in the long run. i once had a sparkrite alarm, but the car was a heap, when i moved up to a nice motor, i got a clifford, served me very well!

spose u get what u pay for but after all this £200+ is not happenin. All Clifford and Toad are fcukin expensive for an alarm, fair enough if they have immobilisers as well but i just dont see the point in spendin bout £200 on something which will jus make a noise if the glass is broken or a door is opened.

An immobiliser is a different point though due to this actually stops the theif by different means of cutting off the engine

Megane225FF

I had a sparkrite alarm on my first car, it kept going off when motorbikes passed it, no matter what i did to the sensitivity of it... it was pants.

Im getting a toad alarm for the new car, all the bells and whistles on it, seems to come with as many toys as cliffords, but cheaper...

at the end of the day,essex lad< its your money and youll buy what u want, but would u buy asdas trainers or nike! same for car alarms, i woundt have anything other than a well known,and award winning brand in my car!(by award winning i mean things like best alarm etc)

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea, whats the point in spendin all that money on your bodywork and car etc, then havin a crap alarm and someone takin it off you

Clifford.

I got mine fitted before I had my bodykit on it - glad I did.. gets way too much attention for no/a crap alarm!

Quote: Originally posted by 172mgw on 28 March 2004

at the end of the day,essex lad< its your money and youll buy what u want, but would u buy asdas trainers or nike! same for car alarms, i woundt have anything other than a well known,and award winning brand in my car!(by award winning i mean things like best alarm etc)
fair point, think ill go for something a bit more advance then

The point bein that i will fork out a fair bit on a immobilser so they cant run off with the car