ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaker Sizes (2002 Clio)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No 5.25 (13cm) components in the front

and 5.25 (13cm) in the rear

Silly question I expect but, I know the front and rear are 13cm, but is there anyway to get anything bigger in the rear like 6*9s etc to get more bass without having to go for the amp/sub or 6*9s on the rear shelf? (all this off standard h/u)

Ian

-Clio 2002, Dynamique+ 1.6 16V

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by ClioJohn on 06 February 2003

you can fit 6x9s on the parcel shelf,its an easy job and can be done in 30min
But IMHO loooks REALLY tacky..

hence why id like to put behind the panels. i had 6*9s on my old fiesta but under a stealth shelf...

dont know how much extra hacking up of the door would need to be done though which is why the shelf might be the answer, but then id have to get a new h/u and an amp so i can keep everything going, whereas if i can replace the 13s in the rear panels i can keep the stand h/u

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

it can be done but quite why anyone wants rear full range speakers is a bit of a mistery to me

Ideal setup for a clio :

Really really good components up front in the factory positions

6/5.25inch subs in the rear panels (JL + Focal do these)

10/12inch sub in boot

5 channel amp or 3 individual amps in boot

Alpine Hu with 3 pre outs

how much are the 6" subs tom??

i know you were looking at a set, just you never told us the price

again ive ripped out my system, sold it and im looking at two 8" subs, 6.5 comps and Nak HU, although i may be tempted to go for 2x 6" subs and a single 10" in the boot, so prices would be welcome

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

erm they aint cheap

Focal 5.25s £89.99 each

JL 6 89.99 each

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

plus the fact that you need to fiberglass the inside of the panels to create a box for the sub

imagine how good that would sound all that mid-bass!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and how stealth it would look

the only problem would be how much time it would take to do, as im a very impatient person

but it would sound awesome

do you know how much depth there is behind the rear quarter panels? ive not touched by rear speakers yet so havent had a chance to look

If you looking at doing the front speakers you can get 17cms in there with just the slightest bit of trimming of the trim. And its definitely worth it.

I have Kenwood PSR 71s components installed, sound is brilliant, retail at £180!!! bass junkies have them at 110. Can never get their online ordering to work so best bet just phone them, if you dont fancy taking the dash off yourself then any good ice place will do it for about an hour and a halfs labour £60 ish. Its worth it they give a lovely sound, Especially with some nice big speakers in the back.

As for the back speakers go, I was advised not to even bother and I just went for a stealth shelf like your fiesta. I put some Pioneer TSa 2510s in there, 10" speakers 3 way speakers!!! They sound great without the in the face bass o 6 x 9s depends what your eventual plan is. If you getting subs then 6x9s detract from them. If subs and amps not your plan then 6x9s or 7x10s on a stealth shelf your best plan.

Good luck