ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed pulse. I know this has been covered but..

S13
I've done various searches and gone through pages and pages of questions about this but I still can't find anything conclusive.

My car doesn't have a speed pulse wire on the ISO block, so where am I likely to find it?

I've got a 98 Mk2 Ph1 RN which has a rev counter (I hear some don't).

Cheers,

Rob.

A4 Avant
I don't know much about your car, but has it got ABS? it may have mechanical speedo rather than electronic.

2002 clio 172
Hi mate the wire you are looking for is behind the instrument cluster in a 30 way plug the pin number is 23. that will give you the speed pulse for sat nav units etc

Whats the speed pulse wire for ? :S
Its used for the head unit to adjust the volume (if its acticvated etc) on the stereo ie the car goes faster the stereo get loader.

I've done various searches and gone through pages and pages of questions about this but I still can't find anything conclusive.

My car doesn't have a speed pulse wire on the ISO block, so where am I likely to find it?
On the back of the dabboard there a few connectors the black wire on the black connector block is the speedo signal.

S13
Hi mate the wire you are looking for is behind the instrument cluster in a 30 way plug the pin number is 23. that will give you the speed pulse for sat nav units etc

On the back of the dabboard there a few connectors the black wire on the black connector block is the speedo signal.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Take it you both mean the same thing? Is there any way to get to it without taking the dashtop off ie at the fusebox? And one last question, am I alright to just scotchlock a wire onto it (being the hardcore auto electrician that I am)?

Take it you both mean the same thing? Is there any way to get to it without taking the dashtop off ie at the fusebox? And one last question, am I alright to just scotchlock a wire onto it (being the hardcore auto electrician that I am)?

Yep thats right.

You could find it on other subsystems but dont bother take the dask top off its easy.